• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hello from SE Wisconsin

Status
Not open for further replies.

chip32

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm a new member from SE Wisconsin (Just north of Milwaukee). I'm right now doing a first burn in my just completed UDS. I used the UDS and the Redneck threads on here as a guide and I hope to cook tomorrow in it for the first time. I'm going to have to figure out how to build the fire in it as I've never used a smoker before. Any pointers are welcome.

Chip

Hey Chip,
Welcome from another Wisconsinite.
Most folk with a UDS use the Minion Method to light their charcoal. Fill your basket with charcoal nearly to the top, and add about 1/2 to a full chimney of lit charcoal on top. Catch your temps on the way up (20 to 30 degrees shy of your target) and close down some of your intakes. I'm a WSM guy, and don't have a UDS, but they operate on the same concept.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Hey Chip,
Welcome from another Wisconsinite.
Most folk with a UDS use the Minion Method to light their charcoal. Fill your basket with charcoal nearly to the top, and add about 1/2 to a full chimney of lit charcoal on top. Catch your temps on the way up (20 to 30 degrees shy of your target) and close down some of your intakes. I'm a WSM guy, and don't have a UDS, but they operate on the same concept.

Welcome to the best clubhouse on the web!

Thanks Harbormaster!! That will be the first try. Heading to the store for the supplies now. I'll let everyone know how she goes.

Thanks for all the welcomes! Cheers!

Welcome brother! Stick around, enjoy the craziness and there's lots to learn! Welcome to the family!

Cheers.

Welcome come on in pull up a chair and grab a cold brew and stay awhile the conversation is good as is the company

Welcome, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thanks everyone, I'm getting ready to fire up the UDS for the first try at ribs. We'll see how this goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back