UDS Born 10/9/09!!!!!

biggs98

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It's finally finished!!!!! Thought I'd share some pics with the Brethren. Doing the seasoning burn now and will be cooking this weekend. Thanks to everyone for their help along the way and Thanks in advance for the questions I'll have in the future.
downsized_1009091217a.jpg

downsized_1009091217.jpg

downsized_1009091213.jpg

Congratulations! Looks like a healthy baby. We're hoping to conceive in the next few moths. In this case you’re never too young to smoke.

UDS Looks good. I don't see any pics though. I hope to finish & season mine this weekend with a fatty and some wings.

Nice looking UDS ya got there,, "Good things come to those who wait" Dang!! I been waiting and the UDS Fairy has not delivered one to me yet.. What's that ya say, there is no UDS Fairy,, are you sure???

Great looking UDS! Now you can change your signature.....the USD has been born. Congrats

Wayne

question

Two questions about the charcoal basket. Where do you buy the expanded metal to make the basket? I have been to Lowes and Menards and cannot find.

Also, looks like your charcoal basket sits in/on some sort of pan to catch the ashes. What are you using for that/where did you get it?

Thanks for the help.

There is no such thing as a UDS fairy geez everyone knows its Smokey Claus that delivers them!

Where do you buy the expanded metal to make the basket? I have been to Lowes and Menards and cannot find.

I believe Lowes and Menards have it, ask for or look in the sheet metal area. It's a small 10 foot wide area in the hardware section and the pieces are in cardboard sleeves. You know you're in the right area if they have ornamental/stamped brass, copper and aluminum sheets as well as sections of various lengths of extruded aluminum shapes.

Two questions about the charcoal basket. Where do you buy the expanded metal to make the basket? I have been to Lowes and Menards and cannot find.

Also, looks like your charcoal basket sits in/on some sort of pan to catch the ashes. What are you using for that/where did you get it?

Thanks for the help.

I got the expanded metal from Home Depot. It was in hardware and it came in a 24"x24" piece. As far as the ash pan I used one of those disposable bbq's you see in the food store or walmart.
1009091525.jpg

It's a whole lot cheaper if you can find a steel distributor to get your expanded metal from. I'm lucky in that we have an outlet for Alro metals nearby that sells drops. One place to check is metalsdepot.com. They sell small quantities of all sorts of metals.

Nice lookin' pit, there, Joe. Lookin' forward to some 'Q pron.

Back