Recent Cooks (Oakridge BBQ style)

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
We've been giving our Oakridge BBQ rubs a workout lately (along with everyone else). Building up a collection of pics...here's what we've been cooking...

Spatched birds with Game Bird and Chicken Rub (cooked on Smoker Joe):
024.jpg

026.jpg

028.jpg

033.jpg

Tri-tip with Santa Maria Steak Seasoning and eye of round with Competition Beef and Pork Rub (cooked on 22.5 kettle):
035.jpg

037.jpg

042.jpg

046.jpg

054.jpg

056.jpg

Ribs with Secret Weapon. Thighs with Game Bird and Chicken under the skin, and Secret Weapon on top (UDS):
063.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

086.jpg

074.jpg

076.jpg

We really enjoyed these cooks, and the rubs!! It's been mentioned that the Santa Maria rub has some kick...on our cook we had a mustard/beef/worsey sauce slather that seemed to lessen the bite.

The Competition Beef and Pork was great on the eye of round. We cook this in a bit of a reverse-sear, slice it thin on the Hobart, then turn in into sammiches...this is our take on a pit-style beef.

Secret Weapon was good on those ribs (haven't used the drum in a while. makes a darn fine rib)!! Some sweet, some heat. They look dry in the pic...they weren't so dry in real life. Good eatin' for sure!!

I really like the combo on the chicken. Rave reviews from the family!!

Will definitely be ordering some more of these rubs! Our family is very much involved with World Vision and church missions. We like kcmike's style (10% of his profits go toward domestic/worldwide hunger)!! :-D

One thing I like about Mike's stuff is the color as well as the taste. Products come out looking very appealing and taste good too. Good work Mike. Steve.

One thing I like about Mike's stuff is the color as well as the taste. Products come out looking very appealing and taste good too. Good work Mike. Steve.

I agree. Nice rich red, mahagony, color to everything. My ribs got a little dark at the end...my fault, could have pulled them off a bit sooner.

Awesome pics! I love these rubs! I have a 1 pound bag of competition beef and pork waiting to be used this weekend! :thumb:

Wow! What an outstanding set of pictures and awesome looking food. Everything looks wonderful. Thanks so much for using our rubs!

Wow! That's some outstanding looking grub! Nice work, bro.

Those rubs are no joke!

John

Thanks John! Tried these rubs after reading your review...I'm glad I did!! Thanks for the heads-up brother!! Good stuff!! :-D

Our "slather" for the tri-tip was very much borrowed from your East of Santa Maria recipe...we've incorporated it into our comp tri-tip method (one-day comps out here use tri-tip in place of brisket, and sausage in place of pork). Kind of a Daddio and Me BBQ tri-tip!! :becky:

Wow! What an outstanding set of pictures and awesome looking food. Everything looks wonderful. Thanks so much for using our rubs!

Thanks Mike!! We really do like the rubs. :-D Will surely be after some more real soon!!

Gonna do some comp practice in the near future using your rubs. We'd be proud to support your efforts further. We're big fans of Stubbs charcoal as well...even more so after speaking to one of their customer service reps (who explained how much they support domestic hunger issues).

Looking forward to some pics of your chuckie also, brother!!

Back