Rudy's in Waco, anyone been there?

ams14

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Back from a business trip to Waco. They had Rudy's catered, which I'd never had before. I had a huge plate of brisket and turkey. They were both delicious. I couldn't believe how juicy the turkey was, even in a catering situation where it was obviously carved some time earlier. The sauce was very good too. You guys in Texas know your Q!

Yep one of the better chains. Their turkey is awsome.

Some of the North Texas guys are meeting at the Rudy's in Denton at noon Sat.

Rudy's sauce is great. I think I got some from you Ty.

Rudy's sauce is great. I think I got some from you Ty.

And, that is a fact---great stuff!

I have eaten at several Rudy's in TX and they are consistanly good for commercial BBQ.

TIM

Is Rudy's the one that's a gas station/bbq joint?

Rudy's is good for commercial bbq but it can be hit or miss.

I will echo the other sentiments that the sauce is very good. I am not too far from the original in Leon Springs.

Last edited:
Hit or miss is true. The brisket is usually really good. Pork ribs taste like they've been steamed--no flavor either. Sausage-so,so. Sauce is definitely the boss in that place.

I'm in Houston. I ate at the one in/near Tyler. But, don't remember it much, which means it was OK cause I would remember if it was great or awful.

Noticed last weekend that they have opened one in Spring area just north of Houston. Will stop and try it again next time I'm in that part of town.

Now if I could just find some great Q in the Southeast part of town...

Back