bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Salad!"[/size]
bbq+brisket+salad+gf+croutons.jpg

Photo from Gluten Free Foodies Blog.

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Something Stuffed Throwdown!

Salad can be a VERY broad topic. Anything from a regular dressed bed of greens, to fruit salad, to coleslaw, to even things like egg salads, chicken salads, tuna salads, there's a lot of kinds of salad.

Please note that Rule #2 IS IN EFFECT for this Throwdown, so be sure and use grilled and/or smoked ingredients in your dish in a prominent manner.

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/28 through Sunday 6/6.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 6/6.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 6/7 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 6/11. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the Food from a place you'd like to visit Throwdown until Sunday night 5/30 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Roots Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Weeeeeeeelllllllll...since my first zero was a CHICKEN salad, What if no one votes at all?:shock:

Well I'm allergic to vegetables and healthy things so I'm out of this one. Guerry's got a good chance at this one. :-D

I've already got this one figured out. Just gotta go to the store. Redhot's working on hers too.

I'm voting for Redhot...

Gore... how about a sprig of parsley on a whole suckling pig... That's a salad!:becky::becky::becky:

ecode, you're killin me. But I do have an idea if I can squeeze it in before my party next weekend. Almost used it instead of the Lamb. Boy that would have been real dumb!

Grilled Chicken Salad

Knew I had to get this one in early or run out of time like I have the last two throwdowns. My aunts cater weddings and their chicken salad in puff pastry shells is one of the most popular things. I decided to try an all grilled version of it. I grilled the chicken, pineapple and onions. Chopped it all up and added a little celery, mayo, and salt and pepper. I think the grilled version is even better than the original. Please use the last pic as my entry.

Attachments

• chic salad 001.jpg
    chic salad 001.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 159
  • chic salad 004.jpg
    chic salad 004.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 160
  • chic salad 006.jpg
    chic salad 006.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 159
  • chic salad 007.jpg
    chic salad 007.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 160
  • chic salad 009.jpg
    chic salad 009.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 159
  • chic salad 012.jpg
    chic salad 012.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 159
  • chic salad 014.jpg
    chic salad 014.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 158
  • chic salad 044.jpg
    chic salad 044.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 159
  • chic salad 047.jpg
    chic salad 047.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 159
Wow Amber, that is fantabulous. Beautiful plating and I love the pineapple. :-D

That looks very tasty indeed Amber! I do wonder about the choice of "chicken salad" though. :rolleyes: (My first zero). Perhaps not having curry will help!:wink:

Back