THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Instagator

Got Wood.
Hey

Decided to take a stab at smoking meat!
I bought a ECB (More like ECMaster Forge Smoker 20.25-in)

In the process of modifying it but I'm waiting for certain parts to come in.

In any case, where would I find quality Wood Chunks? I did a search (YEAH I DID!!!) but found nothing for Canada... So, Where do you guys buy chunks in Canada?

On a side note, First thread! woot.

Last edited:
Where in Canada are you? As mentioned mos tthe major retailers, Canadian Tire, BBQS Galore, Ontario Gas, Capital Appliances, Home Hardware, etc.

A lot of the local specialty fireplace/bbq shops should also stock them.

Or you can check kijiji for local advertised fruit wood (firewood).

Bought the smoker at Lowes Canada. I checked Home Depot and Lowes and they did have CHIPS and not chunks. I have found however one bag of WEBER chunks *it looked opened and missing a few - Can't remember which type of wood it was* - Priced at 9.99

Was just wondering where everybody else was picking up their wood.

Thanks for the links smokinjohn! I'll take a look at those two sites. Thanks again! (is the only search available the one provided by google?)
I Live in the GTA (stouffville to be exact) Ontario.

First off - welcome!! Nice to have another Cana'jun on board. You'll learn tons here.

Some Walmarts carry Hickory and Mesquite Chunks, as well as a wider variety of chips. Both Ontario Gas BBQ in Vaughan( www.bbqs.com ) and Sobie's in North York ( www.sobies.com ) have wood chunks.

BBQ Beaver's suggestion about kijiji is also good - I've bought apple chunks and splits from kijiji.

Cheers,
Matt

Bought the smoker at Lowes Canada. I checked Home Depot and Lowes and they did have CHIPS and not chunks. I have found however one bag of WEBER chunks *it looked opened and missing a few - Can't remember which type of wood it was* - Priced at 9.99

Was just wondering where everybody else was picking up their wood.

Thanks for the links smokinjohn! I'll take a look at those two sites. Thanks again! (is the only search available the one provided by google?)
I Live in the GTA (stouffville to be exact) Ontario.

I did search on google (and verified on Bing and Yahoo) for these keywords:

smoking woods canada

You could also call a local orchard to see if they have any trimmings left over. Or call a local tree trimmer/arborist. Or "help" a few of the neighbors "clean up" some of their fallen branches (you will have to do your own species identification)

Just thought I would say WELCOME! Don't forget to look at pool and patio type stores, they often carry high end cookers and a variety of chips & chunks.

Out west here Walmart just started carrying a small supply of chunks this season. I have a local weber dealer that has chunks in stock but I've looked into smokinlicious and that's a good deal for chunks, just haven't gotten around to trying them yet. CT, HD and the like out here aren't carrying chunks yet.

Back