Lang BBQ Smoker Reviews

O

OldSargeBBQ

I am looking at a trailer smoker and a friend suggested looking at Lang BBQ Smokers. Just wondering if anyone has used/has one or has an opinion on them. I looked at their site and they look like good pits. Just trying to get some feedback on them other than what is on their website. I will probably be looking at the 60" or 84" models.

John

I have a 60D and am very happy with it.
It cooks evenly, and just produces an awesome flavor to the meat cooked on it.
I like the evenness of the temp across the cooking surface +/-10f.
You can grill burgers and the like on them, but you'll be feeding some serious wood to do that.
I'm guessing you already have experience wit stick burners so you know the challenges they can be with some weather conditions.
But all in all I'd never get rid of my Lang

Langs are very popular and a good price point.

There are dozens if not hundreds of members here who current have or had a Lang.

That said, you are in TX and there are many pit builders within you're own state that have reputations equal to or better than Lang... worth giving them a look if you factor in travel expense or shipping.

Check out the locals.....Klose, Lonestar, Gator Pits, Pitmaker, Pitts by JJ etc.

Last edited:
Very good pits but they are fuel hogs in my opinion. An insulated firebox would be a great improvement. Being in TX, look at Klose, Pitmaker, R&O and of course the cadillac of stick burners...Jambo. probably many more there that others could suggest.

I have the 36 patio model and I coundn't be happier with. The build quality is second to none and it's super easy to maintain temps.

Have owned and cooked on 3 different Lang models; a 48 patio, a 60 mobile, and a 84 Deluxe kitchen.
If you love tending a stickburner... nothing wrong with a Lang!

If you are settled on a reversed flow, Langs are great pits with an attractive price.
I don't find them to be fuel hogs as Pappy Q wrote above. I guess each pit is different or maybe I'm just use to the consumption.

If you are not set on a reverse flow, there are some great pits made in Texas that may have a higher price tag then a Lang but when you factor in shipping, you may be even. Good luck with your search and don't forget to let us know what you end up buying.

If you are settled on a reversed flow, Langs are great pits with an attractive price.
I don't find them to be fuel hogs as Pappy Q wrote above. I guess each pit is different or maybe I'm just use to the consumption.

If you are not set on a reverse flow, there are some great pits made in Texas that may have a higher price tag then a Lang but when you factor in shipping, you may be even. Good luck with your search and don't forget to let us know what you end up buying.

I went from a Lang 60 to a Jambo, the fuel comsumption with the Jambo was about 1/4 that of the Lang and the tending time was cut in half. My opinions are soley based upon that. That's why I think the Lang would benefit from an insulated fire box. If just using for backyard and not competition, the Lang is an excellent choice.

I'm right there with you Pappy. A Jambo is crazy efficient with fuel. I wish my Langs had insulated fire boxes. In fact I was just about to start a thread that asks if anyone did this type of Mod to there Lang.

My comparison was based more on pits that are not insulated. We compete with a Lang all the time and it is very tiring feeding it every half hour or so. This is the reason that I want to get my Spicewine mounted on a trailer so we can get some shut eye at contests.

Back