Headed to Austin tomorrow, suggestions?

State Capitol tour
Bats under Congress St. bridge at sunset
6th street at night
Ester's Follies comedy club (get your tickets online, early. They sell out every show)

Last edited:
Easy Tiger is a cool place to grab a beer and a snack. Veracrus All Natural for breakfast tacos. Austin is very bikeable if you are into that.

images

Duh.

Last edited:
Stiles Switch BBQ (obviously there are a lot of great BBQ spots in and around Austin - SS is up there with all of 'em and they have it all day - not as much of a wait in line type deal, they have beer, etc.), Torchy's Tacos, Taco More, Hyde Park Grill, John Mueller Black Box BBQ in Georgetown, the Eligin spots - Southside and Meyer's - it goes on and on - you ain't gonna starve for sure!

I assumed you already know the BBQ places. That's why none were listed, in my earlier post.

There are two kinds of countries in the world, those that use the metric system and the one that sent men to the moon and back.

:clap2:

Also, +1 on Franklin's. It is worth the wait and the best I've ever had.

Edit:
I should have said the best "brisket" I've ever had. The pulled pork was very good and the ribs were a bit plain for my taste. The beef rib was pretty awesome too in a decadent sort of way but if I get back to Austin again, I think I would just order as much brisket as I could eat. Even writing about it now is making my mouth water.

Last edited:
Back