BGE Draft Door for UDS

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Picked up a druma and am now collecting parts. i noticed some guys used the SS draft door from a BGE instead of the (3) threaded nipples and ball valve. Questions are:

1.) How do you like it?

2.) Which one did you use, BGE or XLBGE draft door?

3.) Whre did you get it from?

Thanks

response to #3 any BGE dealer can order you one or go to Fred's
music and BBQ web site and can order from him. good luck, would think it would work fine, they work great on my egg.

Bge stainless draft door about 35.00
I like the ball valve assembly, esp. the ones with tall handle welded on.
jon

I have the draft door on mine, I like it fine but you only need to open very little. I usually open it about two cooter hairs wide. Works great..

Mine works great. I have the med sized one, no need for the biiiiig one.

Paul B
SS UDS
SS Auspit

I've toyed with the idea of adding one to my drums, mainly so I could use a Guru. I'm not sure if only one vent would work as well as 3 evenly spaced ones..... Now I rotate my vents, plugging one and opening another, which helps the coals burn more evenly.

My timing must be perfect, in regards to the to the BGE vent on a drum. How high do you have the intake from the bottom of the drum?
I bought mine on ebay (Webercloseouts ebay store).

Thanks
M

Thirdeye- you've been around a day or two so I'm not sure I can tell you anything new. But I have the slide intakes with about a 3" hole and my burn is right down the centre of my basket . Just a crack and you have a nice easy 200 or open her up for pizza stone and pizza. I always hated the idea of opening and closing a bunch of taps like a musical instrument and most of all I hate the look of all that plumbing hanging out. It's kind of nice to dump the ashes out thru the hole- saves the top of the barrel from being knocked out of round.

I have the draft door on mine, I like it fine but you only need to open very little. I usually open it about two cooter hairs wide. Works great..

Question, are two cooter hairs the same as two blonde c*** ........Okay I'll go to the penalty box :icon_shy

My timing must be perfect, in regards to the to the BGE vent on a drum. How high do you have the intake from the bottom of the drum?
I bought mine on ebay (Webercloseouts ebay store).

Thanks
M

Bottom of the rectangular hole on mine is 2".

Just sayin...........

Paul B
SS UDS

I've retrofitted some drums and the opening is up an inch or two but the new builds all have it right at the bottom so the ashes can be dumped. There is no difference in performance between the two. My baskets are all raised 2".

Ordered one today for the BGE Large. Thanks a buch :clap2:

Thanks for posting this, I had no idea you could use a medium BGE door on a UDS.

Back