reheating vacume sealed turkey breasts

wheels61

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
any guestimation as to how long to reheat smoked, sliced turkey breats that have been vacume sealed. is 6-8 minutes in the microwave and 30-40 minutes in boiling water in the ball park. there should be around 4lbs of meat in each bag. thanks

The hot water bath method of cooking called Sous Vide is all about setting vacuum sealed food into the bath and precisely controlling the temperature of the water so it (the food) cooks to the perfect temp. You want rare beef - set the water to 130F and it cooks to that temp. Not more, nor less.

OK..think of the water you are using to reheat...if you've already painstakingly cooked the turkey or other meat to the perfect degree in the smoker, etc. you want to respect that meat when re-heating.

Try using a therm to test the water and get it to a point you think is right - note the setting of the control knob. Depending upon how much of the stuff you have to re-heat ---- this is feasible for small amounts, and a totally different ball game for commercial quantities --- place the bag of frozen turkey in water that is about 25 or more degrees hotter and watch as that cold stuff brings it down to the temp -- with the setting you've noted you can relax and know the food will achieve the temp you want.

Of course, if you're in a hurry - zap that sucker in a 1,500 watt counter-top nuker and sauce it up! :wink:

thanks for the reply,but that will be way to complex for my friends and family, especially the family. i'll have to recomend a slow boil til its warmed up.

Good info. Wondered about that myself. Always just threw it in simmering water. Will check the temp in the future.

Back