Mojobricks vs. hickory

Thanks Neil. I've read about Mojo Bricks, but always figured they were just another gimicky type BBQ item.

What happened at the end, when you almost dropped the camera?

Matt

I too love the mojobricks. I have gone through 18 of the Cherry and just got my 2nd shipment of 18 yesterday. I put 3 standing up in my UDS with charcoal around them. We got a 4th place chicken in competition using that method.

I'm going to cut the new load into 4 parts per brick, so they can fit in my new Superior Smoker (like a stumps.)

Like I said, I love them, and well worth the money.

Thanks Neil. I've read about Mojo Bricks, but always figured they were just another gimicky type BBQ item.

What happened at the end, when you almost dropped the camera?

Matt

I was shooting the video with my tablet. Hard to do everything with one hand.

I have tried the Mojobricks and gave up on them just as quick.

The problems I had with them was integrity of the brick. Basically they are compressed saw dust, and I have had problems with them holding together during transport and general moving about.

I still have a pile of mojo saw dust at the bottom of my wood bin.

How are others dealing with this issue?

I have tried the Mojobricks and gave up on them just as quick.

The problems I had with them was integrity of the brick. Basically they are compressed saw dust, and I have had problems with them holding together during transport and general moving about.

I still have a pile of mojo saw dust at the bottom of my wood bin.

How are others dealing with this issue?

You could get one of those smoking "mazes" somebody posted the other day, and use your mojo saw dust in it. Shame to waste it.

I only had a problem when mine got wet. Is there any moisture in your storage area?

Nice Video, Mista. I guess the only feedback I can say is that there might be a flaw in that you/we do not know how much drying time the wood chunk actually had.

But that is the beauty of using the Mojobrick, i know what type of burn time / heat i will get every time i use it unlike wood chunks,chips,splits which can vary greatly depending on seasoning. As far as the saw dust issue, i have never had an issue with it and I have had / used 2 pallets since 2010.

But that is the beauty of using the Mojobrick, i know what type of burn time / heat i will get every time i use it unlike wood chunks,chips,splits which can vary greatly depending on seasoning. As far as the saw dust issue, i have never had an issue with it and I have had / used 2 pallets since 2010.

Well then the one box I got must have been an anomaly. because out of the whole box, I was only able to use maybe 75% of the product. The rest was crumbled mess.

Hard to believe I get one box with that result, and you have used two pallets of it with no issues.

That chunk was from a bag of hickory chunks from Home Depot.

All i know is my experience with them, were they shipped USPS or something? With both time i have picked up product i have either dorve to get it or Fred has brought it to me. Coulkd have been a shipping issue.

I'm a fan of Mojobricks, and really glad to see them in a smaller size for retail sales - I have a feeling that they will be well received.

I have no problem cutting them to size for smoke chunks with my band saw, but the feedback I was getting from people that I gave samples to was that it was the major drawback for them, and splitting them with an axe proved futile for some.

The new size and packaging should open a new market, when you think about it most of us diehard live fire smokers are a minority compared to the gas grill grill crowd, so I can see Mojobricks in high end shops that sell Webers, Big Green Eggs or Primos and Mojobricks next to packaged wood chunks. People will like fact that they are a "green" recycled single species wood product and they can be used with gas grill smoker boxes.

My primary use of Mojobricks are for smoke and not a fuel source, and I have not been disappointed with any of my cooks with them.

All i know is my experience with them, were they shipped USPS or something? With both time i have picked up product i have either dorve to get it or Fred has brought it to me. Coulkd have been a shipping issue.

It may well have been a shipping issue. I did like the slow smoke aspect.

I've been using them for about a year. I love them and use them primarily for a fuel source. There's no doubt I'll continue to use them.

Well then the one box I got must have been an anomaly. because out of the whole box, I was only able to use maybe 75% of the product. The rest was crumbled mess.

Hard to believe I get one box with that result, and you have used two pallets of it with no issues.

Sir Pork A Lot - do you recall - was it OAK? We had some bricks with the first batch come in nd shipped out that we later learned had serious moisture issues.

Send me a PM with your address I will send you a new box - let me know.
Fred

GrossePellets, I am not familiar with your product down here in the South, but how do they work for a stick burner. Is there a way I could try some out before the next competition season?

Back