Smoking in the rough elements...

A

Andrew

i was not going to let my first brisket smoking session be ruined, so i threw together this cheap setup this last weekend.

20130309_163142_zps43675f01.jpg

my buddies call it my hobo tent HAHA

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.... Looks like something I'd do as well. Cheers!!!

Looks good to me, keeps ya dry,as long as you got a comfy chair and a cooler full of Wooblypops and some tunes what more do you need.

Did something similar and my HOA sent me a letter stating no permanent structure allowed without prior authorization. It was up for 3 total days - went up Friday Night came down Sunday afternoon. I took a pic, printed it out, went up and down my street, got signatures from my neighbors, scanned it all. Then sent it to my HOA stating if they notified me for something like this again, per guidelines I would file harassment charges against them. WHO THE HECK thinks an EZ-UP is a permanent structure!!?!

Anyways - got side tract - love it! Great pic. How'd the meat turn out?

that was quick thinking. HOA's are a PIA.

Looks good to me, keeps ya dry,as long as you got a comfy chair and a cooler full of Wooblypops and some tunes what more do you need.

had the tunes for sure and the cooler is always full :D

Did something similar and my HOA sent me a letter stating no permanent structure allowed without prior authorization. It was up for 3 total days - went up Friday Night came down Sunday afternoon. I took a pic, printed it out, went up and down my street, got signatures from my neighbors, scanned it all. Then sent it to my HOA stating if they notified me for something like this again, per guidelines I would file harassment charges against them. WHO THE HECK thinks an EZ-UP is a permanent structure!!?!

we have a pretty relaxed HOA, but ya really a pop up tent as permament?! really? the wind alone would rip it to pieces lol

and ya here is the is results :cry: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155893

I've been in your shoes. Had to rig this up on Christmas Day one year. Rain to sleet then snow all that day.

Attachments

• Picture 074.jpg
    Picture 074.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 95
I've been in your shoes. Had to rig this up on Christmas Day one year. Rain to sleet then snow all that day.

I can imagine you get the "drools" every time you put that umbrella up!?

It's all the extras that make a tough cook all that enjoyable...

Is spring here yet? :mmph:

EXACTLY! even have the extra brace for the wind, i had ropes everywhere!

Desperation is the mother of invention! Great work.

hey hey hey, i call it dedication!

I can imagine you get the "drools" every time you put that umbrella up!?

It's all the extras that make a tough cook all that enjoyable...

Is spring here yet? :mmph:

luckily for me spring is here! :D well by the end of the week likely

That's why it is nice to have my nearest neighbor a Mile away. I am the HOA I have 1 rule IF ya don't like it don't look,NO whiners allowed.

That's why it is nice to have my nearest neighbor a Mile away. I am the HOA I have 1 rule NO whiners allowed.

Ours are not a mile a way, but still...
Living in the country rocks!:rockon:

Fark the neighbors!

Hey whatever works, plus it helps keep some o that sweet smoke hanging around for your smelling enjoyment!

Hey whatever works, plus it helps keep some o that sweet smoke hanging around for your smelling enjoyment!

ya the tarps and pop up are in the garage, im waiting on my wife to start getting tired of the smoke smell lol

Back