MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 PM   #16
TailGateJoecom
is one Smokin' Farker

The part where the guy tells you 2 weeks to get a new door is what blows my mind. That and having to track them down all week after purchasing a $4,000 product from them. Personally, there is no way I would settle for having a 3rd party cut the original wrong door off and weld on a new one to a pit that expensive that was built incorrectly or not as per the photos on their site.

As someone who deals in sales and ecommerce, it gets me really frustrated when I have to go out of my way and get loud and argumentative just to get a business to give me the proper service they should be giving me all along. Why do I have to become an @sshole to get someone to do what they should just be doing from the beginning.

And by the looks of the events and parties they are throwing and their expense budget, and the big ticket prices on the equipment they are selling, there is no reason for them not to have at least 1 guy back at the shop manning the phones, or spending $40 a month for a phone forwarding service like grasshopper. This is 2014, and if you are going to use the internet to spread the word about your product and use the internet to reach customers all over the world, you should also be using it to service these customers as well. A $3-5,000 bbq pit is a luxury item, and you need to have a certain level of customer service if you are going to operate in that market.
[B][COLOR=Green][URL="http://www.tailgatejoe.com"]TailgateJoe.com[/URL] -- the #1 NY Jets gameday fanclub/tailgate party[/COLOR][/B]
[B]Fast Eddy's Cookshack:[/B] Dual FEC120s
[B]Meadow Creek:[/B] BBQ42
[B]Weber:[/B] Ranch Kettle, 22.5 WSM, OTG 22.5
[B]Pit Barrel Cooker[/B]
[B]Crown Verity gassers:[/B] 4 MCBs from 36-72 inch
[B]Instagram/[/B][B][B]Twitter[/B]/Facebook: [/B]@tailgatejoe
[B]Youtube: @tailgatejoedotcom[/B]
TailGateJoecom is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 02-28-2014, 08:59 PM   #17
Baraqueda
Got rid of the matchlight.

I can understand the original posters unhappiness. but give the principals of the company a chance to get back and address the issue before going online and flaming them. Was there an original purchase order that may have indicated the door being located on the back? Could that have been missed by the buyer?
I realize that $4,000 is a lot of money, but I would imagine that the Pitmaker guys have stepped away to enjoy themselves (why shouldn't they) and will get back to business after one of their biggest weekends of the year. It is a smoker for christ's sake, not a replacement heart. Sometimes people need to step back and take a breath, take the high road before pushing the nuke button. Maybe the poster works 365, 24/7 and doesn't think people are entitled to enjoy their lives. I always believe that there are two sides to a story and we have only heard one. Those that say the customer is always right, are wrong. The customer is usually right, and can absolutely be wrong. "The customer always being right" went out the door when people stopped being understanding, courteous, and respectful. If more people would give that a try they might see that they end up happier as a customer.
Baraqueda is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-28-2014, 09:07 PM   #18
padge31
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baraqueda View Post
I can understand the original posters unhappiness. but give the principals of the company a chance to get back and address the issue before going online and flaming them. Was there an original purchase order that may have indicated the door being located on the back? Could that have been missed by the buyer?
I realize that $4,000 is a lot of money, but I would imagine that the Pitmaker guys have stepped away to enjoy themselves (why shouldn't they) and will get back to business after one of their biggest weekends of the year. It is a smoker for christ's sake, not a replacement heart. Sometimes people need to step back and take a breath, take the high road before pushing the nuke button. Maybe the poster works 365, 24/7 and doesn't think people are entitled to enjoy their lives. I always believe that there are two sides to a story and we have only heard one. Those that say the customer is always right, are wrong. The customer is usually right, and can absolutely be wrong. "The customer always being right" went out the door when people stopped being understanding, courteous, and respectful. If more people would give that a try they might see that they end up happier as a customer.
Agreed. Lets stop this thread and move on. I am sure it will work out in the end. What is everyone cooking this weekend. I plan on doing some summer sausage with cheese and jalapenos.
padge31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #19
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

i got a headache trying to follow this crap..now that the bullcrap is scrubber, if you have nothing constructive to add to this, DO NOT POST IN IT. Next and any other worthless post gets a 10 day lockdown.

yes, i left the yoga pants on purpose.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2014, 09:57 PM   #20
padge31
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks. I like the door system on that smoker. I watched the video on it and if I were to go back to an offset I would seriously consider that smoker.
padge31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2014, 10:21 PM   #21
TexasRT
Full Fledged Farker

If any of you paid that kind of money for a pit and were getting the lack of response he's getting you would be p#$%ed too, admit or not. Yes they are at the Houston Cook-Off, but take the time to take care of a paying customer's complaint. All it would probably take is returning a call. I've been there and they have cell and internet service. Too busy partying to respond to a customer is not good PR.
TexasRT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2014, 10:48 PM   #22
bshell7
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks for all the comments. They were aware that it was being mounted in a trailer. We even discussed deleting the wheels but I thought they would be handy until I got it mounted.

They we're also supposed delete the handle on the end and did not. I have that in an email.

I bought it based off the pictures and specs listed on the website AND informed them of its intended home. I still don't get the reason for putting it on the back side vs the front. Even if it was on my driveway I wouldn't want it there.

I don't think they have been at this big event since Monday when I first spoke with them on the phone. That is frustrating to chase them down.

With shipping this is over $5 grand. So call me a pita if you want but it's messed up. I have been very nice with them up to this point. I thought my offer to swap the doors at my inconvenience and expense was fair. I realize nobody is going to spend $700 ea way on freight to ship it back. So I just wanted to work with them to fix it. I have some very good welder friends that can do it for me.

Let it rest until monday and I'll post the follow upmn
Large BGE
DCS 36in gasser
Thermapen Camo
Fire Pit BBQ Team
bshell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 05:59 PM   #23
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bshell7 View Post

I don't think they have been at this big event since Monday when I first spoke with them on the phone. That is frustrating to chase them down.

Then you refused to check your facts... TWICE - the ones provided to you that you were wrong by members of this forum that know.

So call me a pita if you want but it's messed up.

Yes... you are probably one less PITA that they need (although I am sure they will be nice about it) during a period when dang near the whole BBQ world is lionizing them. YOUR WORDS

I have been very nice with them up to this point.

BULL CRAP. I m pretty sure a guy like you would threaten to go off to the man unfortunate enough to answer the phone when you called on Tuesday-Friday
Okay, remember how you said you didn't want to be a dxck about this? I totally agree with you.

On this again... the charge that they are not at this event. You have essentially said this twice... the first time someone came in here and defended that maybe you meant "hot zone" cell wise. But apparently, you just don't believe they are there at all... so... its not about cell phones is it?

1780643_10201692710740688_768828001_n.jpg
Actual Picture from the morning of Thursday the 27th... on KHOU I think... ready to go... after three days of preparation.

Now you come in and make the charge again-- after Neil and Ron showed you their damn link showing you where they were. That makes you what I thought you were in the first place... someone who wants to snap their fingers and when they don't get their way on THEIR time schedule they are going to cause trouble for a great vendor without giving them the chance to make things right.

Next you admit YOU HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM SINCE MONDAY AND YOU HAVE BEEN NICE TO THEM???? I could have sworn this was a 2 week process when I read it. I just assumed... I never dreamed you would be this way.

Lets look at PM schedule... in which the HLSSR is the pinnacle of their year. Not Christmas, not family vacation --- this show.

On Feb 20th they were on Nightline. That was last Thursday... then off to the show.... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Then on Feb 25th they were already there setting up (these things take a lot of time - kind of like a BBQ competition on steroids) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I know a buddy that does the show and many of the biggest vendors set up starting Monday.

This guy is not setting up some 4 by 4 foot tent.... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

That was the 26th.... Wednesday. If you have some integrity and deductive reasoning you might be able to realize that a set up like that, with bar, laser freaking lights and food and sound takes a few days to set up.

You were invited to look for yourself. All you have done is lambaste a pretty good vendor and talent in the industry... over not calling you back during THE busiest time and most rewarding time of this guys entire career.

That makes you what you call yourself in my book.

So now that everyone else has come in here and pretty much crapped on George and Victor... try and stuff it back on the box when he makes things right for you.

I did something similar once but that guy literally told me he would not fix my Stoker and I had it on tape. Months had gone by.

I hope someone calls you for something when and if you ever make it to another competition.... calls you on a Friday as you are setting up or out of range... and then try to destroy your livelihood claiming you were hiding from them.

And if any of you think this should keep you from buying his product.... well I think he is going to be just fine with about 6 less PIAes after his KHOU and Nightline appearance.

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 06:26 PM   #24
Jaspaq
Found some matches.

People not from tx might not understand how important the HLSR is. they wate all year for it.
Jaspaq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 06:27 PM   #25
Q Junkie
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
Okay, remember how you said you didn't want to be a dxck about this? I totally agree with you.

On this again... the charge that they are not at this event. You have essentially said this twice... the first time someone came in here and defended that maybe you meant "hot zone" cell wise. But apparently, you just don't believe they are there at all... so... its not about cell phones is it?

Attachment 92140
Actual Picture from the morning of Thursday the 27th... on KHOU I think... ready to go... after three days of preparation.

Now you come in and make the charge again-- after Neil and Ron showed you their damn link showing you where they were. That makes you what I thought you were in the first place... someone who wants to snap their fingers and when they don't get their way on THEIR time schedule they are going to cause trouble for a great vendor without giving them the chance to make things right.

Next you admit YOU HAVE BEEN CALLING THEM SINCE MONDAY AND YOU HAVE BEEN NICE TO THEM???? I could have sworn this was a 2 week process when I read it. I just assumed... I never dreamed you would be this way.

Lets look at PM schedule... in which the HLSSR is the pinnacle of their year. Not Christmas, not family vacation --- this show.

On Feb 20th they were on Nightline. That was last Thursday... then off to the show.... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Then on Feb 25th they were already there setting up (these things take a lot of time - kind of like a BBQ competition on steroids) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

I know a buddy that does the show and many of the biggest vendors set up starting Monday.

This guy is not setting up some 4 by 4 foot tent.... https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

That was the 26th.... Wednesday. If you have some integrity and deductive reasoning you might be able to realize that a set up like that, with bar, laser freaking lights and food and sound takes a few days to set up.

You were invited to look for yourself. All you have done is lambaste a pretty good vendor and talent in the industry... over not calling you back during THE busiest time and most rewarding time of this guys entire career.

That makes you what you call yourself in my book.

So now that everyone else has come in here and pretty much crapped on George and Victor... try and stuff it back on the box when he makes things right for you.

I did something similar once but that guy literally told me he would not fix my Stoker and I had it on tape. Months had gone by.

I hope someone calls you for something when and if you ever make it to another competition.... calls you on a Friday as you are setting up or out of range... and then try to destroy your livelihood claiming you were hiding from them.

And if any of you think this should keep you from buying his product.... well I think he is going to be just fine with about 6 less PIAes after his KHOU and Nightline appearance.
Thanks for the update, but I think you are embellishing.... unless you can post more pics of yoga pants.
Q Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-01-2014, 06:57 PM   #26
Hornnumb2
Knows what a fatty is.

Just my 2 cents, I have email them 3 times in the last 3 weeks. Once about trading my pit in for a new one, no response to that. The second time I bought a used pitmaker and wanted to get a cart made for it, in which I explained exactly what I wanted and included a picture of the vault so they could see exactly what I was talking about. I got a response from that email Monday morning with the response of you want to buy a pit like the one pictured. (Not sure how you could even come up with that. Third email was sent Monday also asking about fabricating a adapter plate and still no response from that one. There is no problem get cell coverage where they are so that not a excuse. But they are having a big party and that is understandable. But if you are going to run a internet business at least answer emails or even a automatic response that we will be out of the office till Monday. Sorry for the rant...
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #27
bshell7
Knows what a fatty is.

First sorry I didn't look up this thread over the weekend or I would have responded to Pitmaster T who has no idea what he is talking about. For those not needing to read my response to him just go to the bottom paragraph for the update.

Getting flamed by someone that has made wild assumptions and has no direct knowledge of the deal was not my idea of what this forum was about. I posted this here, as have others who have had issues with vendors to see if someone could provide more color on the company or people. I'm in FL not TX so I do not know them beyond our dealings on this smoker. Thought maybe someone could offer some insight.

Sorry but there is life outside TX. I have no idea what this rodeo event is and didn't feel the need to research it to justify what PM was doing. I'm not following the FB page. OK there is a big event for them. Pete could have said that on the phone Monday - Something like "Sorry about the vent issue. We are all leaving for the rest of the week and nobody will be around to deal with this." While a lame excuse at least the level of expectation would have been set. Instead they just went dark.

Pitmaster T- I don't know you and have no idea why you feel the need to make assumptions about what did or didn't happen and assassinate my character here when you don't know me or have any knowledge of what took place. Feel free to call PM and ask them if I have been polite with Pete or Jud. Lets deal with facts not accusations.

I never said they were not at the event. I'm quite sure they were. What their guy Jud at the shop told me on Friday was they were at this rodeo and had no internet or cell service. I have never been to Reliant Park there but feel pretty confident that statement was intended to buy them time and and was not true. I was correct in that. Not once did I say or imply they were simply not there. I was sure that the statement about no phone/internet service was false. I guess you misunderstood...its ok I forgive you. I also have zero idea where you come up with the 2 week time frame. If you had spent just a little time looking at my post from a week ago where I showed the pics of the cooker still sitting in the crate you would clearly see that I just received on the 21st.

For the record I got it FRIDAY THE 21ST. I called them MONDAY the 24th. I got zero response despite being told he would call me back. I emailed and called again on Friday the 28th at which time I was told no one was at the shop and they had no cell or internet access at this rodeo. I was told it would take 2 weeks to get me a new door. There was no point being ugly to the guy I spoke with, he was just the one left behind to answer the phone. I asked to be called back and left my number. I emailed Victor and Pete about the situation and yes I actually told them I was disappointed in their customer service. Oh the humanity of being so direct. I probably caused hurt feelings.

It was at that point that I turned to the forum to see if this was typical from them or if anyone else had any issues. Please re-read what I wrote. It is factual and also repeatedly speaks to the quality of the product. It was not as supportive of the customer service. How is it that I'm impatient about not getting a call back all week? Is that the service we all think is normal especially after the vendor created a problem?

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding everyone else crapping on them. The only person here crapping is you Pitmaster T. Cyber Bully all you want, I think you are childish. The funny part to me is you have no idea what is really going on.

Everyone that has commented gave examples of their experiences with PM. I didn't blast their product. Actually the contary, it is a GREAT PRODUCT. Please throw in some names if that will make you feel better since you insulted my intelligence, integrity and character all because I asked if anyone else had a bad experience. Wow. Not sure what the whole yoga pants reference is but someone needs to take their Prozac and chill out. You are way more worked up about this than I am and its my money and my cooker. I'll ask again for you to find any slanderous comments in my posts. If others have had poor experience and shared those that's not my fault. Hornnumb2- has had similar communications issues with them.

Now sorry for the rest of you for having to suffer through that.

The entire reason I logged on was to post the update as promised: Pete called me today and said they would make a new door. Said their phones and internet were all down today and gave me his cell number. When asked about the time frame he said they should be able to get it out this week. So definitely a step in the right direction. Lets see how it plays out.
Large BGE
DCS 36in gasser
Thermapen Camo
Fire Pit BBQ Team
bshell7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2014, 04:02 PM   #28
Hawg Father of Seoul
is One Chatty Farker

Good that they are making it right. Just wait till the pit market settles down. The ones who screw up and ignore their customers will wither away.
Hawg Father of Seoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2014, 04:12 PM   #29
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
First sorry I didn't look up this thread over the weekend or I would have responded to Pitmaster T who has no idea what he is talking about. For those not needing to read my response to him just go to the bottom paragraph for the update.

Getting flamed by someone that has made wild assumptions and has no direct knowledge of the deal was not my idea of what this forum was about. I posted this here, as have others who have had issues with vendors to see if someone could provide more color on the company or people. I'm in FL not TX so I do not know them beyond our dealings on this smoker. Thought maybe someone could offer some insight.

Sorry but there is life outside TX. I have no idea what this rodeo event is and didn't feel the need to research it to justify what PM was doing. I'm not following the FB page. OK there is a big event for them. Pete could have said that on the phone Monday - Something like "Sorry about the vent issue. We are all leaving for the rest of the week and nobody will be around to deal with this." While a lame excuse at least the level of expectation would have been set. Instead they just went dark.

Pitmaster T- I don't know you and have no idea why you feel the need to make assumptions about what did or didn't happen and assassinate my character here when you don't know me or have any knowledge of what took place. Feel free to call PM and ask them if I have been polite with Pete or Jud. Lets deal with facts not accusations.

I never said they were not at the event. I'm quite sure they were. What their guy Jud at the shop told me on Friday was they were at this rodeo and had no internet or cell service. I have never been to Reliant Park there but feel pretty confident that statement was intended to buy them time and and was not true. I was correct in that. Not once did I say or imply they were simply not there. I was sure that the statement about no phone/internet service was false. I guess you misunderstood...its ok I forgive you. I also have zero idea where you come up with the 2 week time frame. If you had spent just a little time looking at my post from a week ago where I showed the pics of the cooker still sitting in the crate you would clearly see that I just received on the 21st.

For the record I got it FRIDAY THE 21ST. I called them MONDAY the 24th. I got zero response despite being told he would call me back. I emailed and called again on Friday the 28th at which time I was told no one was at the shop and they had no cell or internet access at this rodeo. I was told it would take 2 weeks to get me a new door. There was no point being ugly to the guy I spoke with, he was just the one left behind to answer the phone. I asked to be called back and left my number. I emailed Victor and Pete about the situation and yes I actually told them I was disappointed in their customer service. Oh the humanity of being so direct. I probably caused hurt feelings.

It was at that point that I turned to the forum to see if this was typical from them or if anyone else had any issues. Please re-read what I wrote. It is factual and also repeatedly speaks to the quality of the product. It was not as supportive of the customer service. How is it that I'm impatient about not getting a call back all week? Is that the service we all think is normal especially after the vendor created a problem?

I have no idea what you are talking about regarding everyone else crapping on them. The only person here crapping is you Pitmaster T. Cyber Bully all you want, I think you are childish. The funny part to me is you have no idea what is really going on.

Everyone that has commented gave examples of their experiences with PM. I didn't blast their product. Actually the contary, it is a GREAT PRODUCT. Please throw in some names if that will make you feel better since you insulted my intelligence, integrity and character all because I asked if anyone else had a bad experience. Wow. Not sure what the whole yoga pants reference is but someone needs to take their Prozac and chill out. You are way more worked up about this than I am and its my money and my cooker. I'll ask again for you to find any slanderous comments in my posts. If others have had poor experience and shared those that's not my fault. Hornnumb2- has had similar communications issues with them.

The entire reason I logged on was to post the update as promised: Pete called me today and said they would make a new door. Said their phones and internet were all down today and gave me his cell number. When asked about the time frame he said they should be able to get it out this week. So definitely a step in the right direction. Lets see how it plays out.
You just fed him a royal feast with this one. Don't feed the trolls. He's only antagonizing on purpose.

Hope it all works out for you.

Old 03-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #30
Jorge
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:

Having been to HLSR, I'd say that it's fair to say that cell service can be non existent frequently. I don't think that was BS, having experienced it myself. Having seen their tent I also understand how busy they are, how long their days run, and how the don't have enough time to give everyone the attention they want. I'd chalk it up to bad timing and give them another shot to make things right, and understand that just because the weekend is over, they may not be back to normal hours and staffing yet.

Keeping Valspar in BBQ, one cook at a time.

Recipient of a Huggies box!

Shut up, and cook!!!!
Jorge is offline   Reply With Quote