MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 02-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #1
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

Default B.b.s.

Is it time to form the Brethren Barbeque Society, a not for profit organization that is dedicated to the teaching, promoting and growth of the Art of BBQ, in addition to the sanctioning of fair and open competitions?

disclaimer: This post is in jest. Or is it?
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
SP
is one Smokin' Farker

I know it your joking at least to a degree, but if you dont like the way the thing are going in the USA you don't jmp ship and move to France(bbq sucks there).You do somethign about it. Thats what I think the Brethren, as well as, other are doing. If you dont like what going on you change the vote, let your voice being heard or in some cases do what Phil did and try to get envolved on the upper levels. If thing dont get better, in the terms for the members, then they will loose support and eventually loose cash and thats where it hurts. SO basiclly pay attention and do what you feel is right on current and future issues.

Soap box is getting put back in the shead.

[COLOR=#0000ff]2 Homemade Smokers (1 for Sale) [URL]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/123sauced/Smoker.jpg[/URL][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Weber Kettle[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Brinkmann Smoke n Pitt[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Charbroil Gasser[/COLOR]
SP is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 10:27 AM   #3
G$
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP View Post
I know it your joking at least to a degree, but if you dont like the way the thing are going in the USA you don't jmp ship and move to France(bbq sucks there).You do somethign about it. Thats what I think the Brethren, as well as, other are doing. If you dont like what going on you change the vote, let your voice being heard or in some cases do what Phil did and try to get envolved on the upper levels. If thing dont get better, in the terms for the members, then they will loose support and eventually loose cash and thats where it hurts. SO basiclly pay attention and do what you feel is right on current and future issues.

Soap box is getting put back in the shead.
Sometimes, organizations evolve in to things they were not envisioned to be originally, and things not desired by a certain set of constituents. Not "good" or "bad" per se, just the way it is.

In other words, losing support from one group may not translate to an overall scenario where the organization's health as a whole is damaged, but the service to one group is.

Just thinkign out loud.
G$ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 AM   #4
SP
is one Smokin' Farker

PS I think a BBQ Brethren Society is a great idea to promote Q. Between the current Brethren there could be a great web site with articles photos etc. Of couse that is for our humble leader to chime in on. Just a thought while it was brought up.

[COLOR=#0000ff]2 Homemade Smokers (1 for Sale) [URL]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f265/123sauced/Smoker.jpg[/URL][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Weber Kettle[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Brinkmann Smoke n Pitt[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#0000ff]Charbroil Gasser[/COLOR]
SP is offline   Reply With Quote