• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vertical smoker carts

IvanC

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting a Backwoods Fatboy and I've been looking at all of the very nice customized smoker carts on this site. There are some really nice carts out there!

But in shopping for casters for a custom cart I came across this and was wondering if anyone has built a cart based on an existing industrial cart:

http://www.grizzly.com/products/Freezer-Cart-770-lb-Capacity/H0774

I happen to live near the Grizzly headquarters so I'm going to go and check one out in person. And of course shipping isn't an issue so the price is hard to beat.

I would probably add a riser and a shelf but otherwise this looks like a good way to go.

Thoughts?

good price on that. the casters alone are probably close to that price. Nice that it appears to be modifiable. With a fatboy, your going to want to have it raised even more Im thinking

That's awesome thanks for posting link. I think that would work great for my G2 party. The measurements seem to be just right for it. Now just have to think of a good way to mount it. đź‘Ť

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

That's awesome thanks for posting link. I think that would work great for my G2 party. The measurements seem to be just right for it. Now just have to think of a good way to mount it. đź‘Ť

BBQ UP

What about some U-bolts around the tubes on the cart, and fastened into the plates where the casters go on the party? You'd probably have to drill some holes though.

good price on that. the casters alone are probably close to that price. Nice that it appears to be modifiable. With a fatboy, your going to want to have it raised even more Im thinking

I think you're right on raising it. Might have to be creative about it.

I'm wondering if I could build onto the cart using pipe-fitting clamps similar to those for scaffolding or chain-link fence posts. I'll do some measurements on the cart and see what I can figure out.

h0774.jpg

Last edited:
What about some U-bolts around the tubes on the cart, and fastened into the plates where the casters go on the party? You'd probably have to drill some holes though.

Great idea thanks đź‘Ť

BBQ UP

I scoured the Grizzly online catalog and did some measuring of the footprints of the casters and decided that the majority of them were too narrow for the Gater.
The frames themselves would likely fit the bill, but the wheels are inset and the size and weight of the Gater seemed to be too top heavy for me. Now then, I have an uneven sloped terrain to navigate, so anyone with a level surface thats not going to be moving it much might see it in a different light.

I've got an expanded metal 24"x48" garden cart and seen Fatboy's on them, and there would be no way I would attempt it with one without lengthening the axels.

There is no denying you can't beat the price of some of the Grizzly carts and if I had a Chubby, Party or G2's I'd be taking a drive North on I-5 to B'ham and snaggin' one. (or two).

Back