Question: printed labels for vacuum bagged ribs?

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
We are thinking of passing out (fully cooked) vacuum bagged ribs as Christmas presents for family & friends this year. I'm thinking of some kind of label with handling & reheating instructions that I can print on my inkjet. Anybody have any experience or ideas you want to share?

I've just always used Sharpies to write on mine. I'm not sure if a label would stick very well or not.

You could write the instructions up on a note card or small piece of paper then staple it to the bag above the seal point.

You could probably get a small run of peel and stick labels done at a local printer using waterproof ink for cheap. I would think the inkjet labels wouldn't last long in a humid environment. Excellent idea, btw.

Maybe something like this would work http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Pr...Labels/Weather-Proof-Mailing-Labels_15516.htm

And since your fellow Brethren are obviously friends (and some like family), should I be expecting 1 or 2 racks in the mail? :hungry:

I use these weather resistant labels and they work great. Just put them on the bag, then seal, then throw in the freezer. They work great.
http://www.avery.com/avery/en_us/Products/Labels/Shipping-Labels/Weather-Proof-Mailing-Labels_15516.htm

those are for a laser printer

Dave stated he has an inkjet

Thanks guys, I can make these work. I'm more worried about something that sticks to the bag good. If I do my job and the ribs are worth a damn they should not be around long:becky:

Thanks guys, I can make these work. I'm more worried about something that sticks to the bag good. If I do my job and the ribs are worth a damn they should not be around long:becky:

are you sure you can use them on an inkjet or do you have a laser?

according to the website someone tried using it on a inkjet and it made a huge mess

are you sure you can use them on an inkjet or do you have a laser?

according to the website someone tried using it on a inkjet and it made a huge mess

Thanks, I saw that comment too. I have access to a laser at my BIL's veterinary office. Since he is probably getting a couple racks of ribs, I'm sure he will let me print some labels there:thumb:

We are thinking of passing out (fully cooked) vacuum bagged ribs as Christmas presents for family & friends this year. I'm thinking of some kind of label with handling & reheating instructions that I can print on my inkjet. Anybody have any experience or ideas you want to share?

We do this every year but never used labels, we just write on the bag with a sharpie. Labels sound good, maybe we'll try that this year.

Back