MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-28-2009, 11:03 AM   #46
Plowboy
somebody shut me the fark up.

That table for the mini is Awesome!!!!

Great pics.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 11:39 AM   #47
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Finally got through our pics....
Here's one of Clay's table with the torches going

And one from the front. Check the custom handle

I put my almond stuffed dates on first

Then the Teriaki Ginger marinated water chestnuts and the figs

Next were the MOINKS

And finally the blue cheese stuffed olives

Another testament to the fact that almost anything can be improved by wrapping in in bacon!

Here's Ron L's orange marmalade Sriracha wings and 2 of his blankets in pigs hitting the egg

And Rick working on a non-Mexican pizza dough

In this one, you see the parsley lady and shot fairy discussing box prep technique, while Ron takes a rest and Rick and Clay talk adobo

Finally, our traffic stopping group pic

We had a great time, and can't wait till next year. The rest of this album is at http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/n...wegofest%2009/

On Sunday, we caught the train into town and headed for the Chicago Gourmet event at Millinnium Park. For anyone who likes to eat or drink, I would highly recommend going next year! It's kind of like Taste of Chicago in reverse. You pay 150.00 up front (unless you're lucky and win tickets like we did) and you get to eat free food and drink all the beer, wine, and spirts you want all day long!

A few pics from that event are here
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/2SkinnyCooks/

Had to post this one for Walt and Theresa's entertainment. Fear the formal kilt! This was the Chivas Regal rep

Sadly, Mr. Daniels was not represented, as far as I saw, but we did enjoy a flight of Glenlivit single malt, from the youngest to the 21 year old.
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 11:43 AM   #48
Plowboy

That is spectacular!!! It is a knock down table done in the Mission style with (I assume) quarter sawn white oak. Anyone with access to my wife can start dropping hints on what I want for Christmas. That is a work of art.

Todd Johns (me); Blue Springs, MO
Randy Hinck (PigBoy); Concordia, MO
Andy Groneman (Hodedo); KC, KS (Cameo Appearances)

FEC-500SS; FEC-100 (Right handed); FEC-100 (Left handed); Country Smoker Tailgater; Big Green Egg (2-large, small, mini); Cookshack Pellet Fired Charbroiler
Plowboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 12:49 PM   #49
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plowboy View Post
That is spectacular!!! It is a knock down table done in the Mission style with (I assume) quarter sawn white oak. Anyone with access to my wife can start dropping hints on what I want for Christmas. That is a work of art.
Yep... It is quarter-sawn white oak. It only took Clay about 5 minutes to set it up.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #50
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight View Post

I think the lady directly behind is asking herself, "Hmm, I wonder if he has a degree in Spanish?"

Looks like a tortilla to me............

That kinda looks like a sombrero Rick!!

[/QUOTE]

Looks like a fun time!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #51
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post
I think the lady directly behind is asking herself, "Hmm, I wonder if he has a degree in Spanish?"

Looks like a tortilla to me............

That kinda looks like a sombrero Rick!!
Looks like a fun time![/QUOTE]

i swear, man, it's pizza! a little pizzette dough for the mini.

and that's my "sundaygotomeetin" hat. the sam houston, handcrafted in guatemalan standard palm

Old 09-28-2009, 04:43 PM   #52
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron_L View Post
Yep... It is quarter-sawn white oak. It only took Clay about 5 minutes to set it up.
i have to got to get one of those! i remember clay made some bge custom cutting boards a few years ago. man i had him quote me a price and it wasn't cheap, but i'm sure was worth more than it costs.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:45 PM   #53
BobBrisket

Quote:
Looks like a fun time!

and that's my "sundaygotomeetin" hat. the sam houston, handcrafted in guatemalan standard palm [/QUOTE]

I dunno Rick, you may be more Mexican than you are leading us to believe. I just noticed the big, red, chile pepper hanging right behind you. Yup, you're Mexican!
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.

Old 09-28-2009, 04:48 PM   #54
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBrisket View Post

and that's my "sundaygotomeetin" hat. the sam houston, handcrafted in guatemalan standard palm
I dunno Rick, you may be more Mexican than you are leading us to believe. I just noticed the big, red, chile pepper hanging right behind you. Yup, you're Mexican![/QUOTE]

that's mr pepper!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #55
BobBrisket

Quote:
I dunno Rick, you may be more Mexican than you are leading us to believe. I just noticed the big, red, chile pepper hanging right behind you. Yup, you're Mexican!
that's mr pepper! [/QUOTE]

LMAO!!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:58 PM   #56
Brauma

Great pics; great looking time yall had.

Community Development VP - Secret Squirrel Society (but we don't exist)
Member: KCBS. CBJ

New Braunfels Bandera - refurbished; Two Big Green Eggs; 6' fire pit; Weber Kettles; Superfast Blue Thermepan
Brauma is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 07:06 PM   #57
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Seeing every one have a good time being happy is better that the food pron. And that's saying a lot because all that food looks pretty darn good.
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #58
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
Seeing every one have a good time being happy is better that the food pron. And that's saying a lot because all that food looks pretty darn good.
and you know what? it really doesn't matter where you are from, or what you do, if you have the passion, you just do it. ronL said, "i just like to cook!". well, me too!

plan on attending next year! maybe i can do a class on pizza?

(disclaimer: i am not italian or from anywhere other then dayton, ohio and any recipes or cooking that i may do are strictly prohibited to the use and care of only rick's topical delight and his subsidiaries only. got that?)

Old 09-28-2009, 07:33 PM   #59
Rick's Tropical Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke View Post
Finally got through our pics....
Here's one of Clay's table with the torches going

And one from the front. Check the custom handle

I put my almond stuffed dates on first

Then the Teriaki Ginger marinated water chestnuts and the figs

Next were the MOINKS

And finally the blue cheese stuffed olives

Another testament to the fact that almost anything can be improved by wrapping in in bacon!

Here's Ron L's orange marmalade Sriracha wings and 2 of his blankets in pigs hitting the egg

In this one, you see the parsley lady and shot fairy discussing box prep technique, while Ron takes a rest and Rick and Clay talk adobo

Finally, our traffic stopping group pic

We had a great time, and can't wait till next year. The rest of this album is at http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/2SkinnyCooks/Eggwegofest%2009/

On Sunday, we caught the train into town and headed for the Chicago Gourmet event at Millinnium Park. For anyone who likes to eat or drink, I would highly recommend going next year! It's kind of like Taste of Chicago in reverse. You pay 150.00 up front (unless you're lucky and win tickets like we did) and you get to eat free food and drink all the beer, wine, and spirts you want all day long!

A few pics from that event are here
http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn21/2SkinnyCooks/

Had to post this one for Walt and Theresa's entertainment. Fear the formal kilt! This was the Chivas Regal rep

Sadly, Mr. Daniels was not represented, as far as I saw, but we did enjoy a flight of Glenlivit single malt, from the youngest to the 21 year old.
great photos, man!
next year, i'm going with you to that thang on sunday, ok?

and there really needs to be an after party at the americInn on saturday night.

*fear the formal kilt!*

Old 09-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #60
Rick's Tropical Delight

[QUOTE=Stoke&Smoke;1038809]

QUOTE]

that pic makes me look like john holmes.