• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Turkey at Wally World

wnkt

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was over at the Evil Empire on Friday and I saw they had Jennie-O turkeys for sale at 89 cents a pound.
Im not sure if that is a good price, but I figure if anyone wanted to practice smoking a turkey for the holidays this would be a way to go.

Turkey.jpg

price.jpg

We have Fresh and Easy out here (not sure how far they have expanded) and they had that brand for .37 cent a lb.

Got two, going back for two more to do Turkey's for Turkey Day.

We have Fresh and Easy out here (not sure how far they have expanded) and they had that brand for .37 cent a lb.

Got two, going back for two more to do Turkey's for Turkey Day.

F&E has turkeys for $.37/lb? Right now?

I'll have to stop by. I almost never go there because they are a bit over priced and they have special preferred parking spots for their customers who drive hybrids. I guess my jeep means my money isn't as green. Fark em.

You know what, i just got pissed off! Forget about F&E. They can keep their cheap turkeys. I'll pay twice as much somewhere else.

F&E has turkeys for $.37/lb? Right now?

I'll have to stop by. I almost never go there because they are a bit over priced and they have special preferred parking spots for their customers who drive hybrids. I guess my jeep means my money isn't as green. Fark em.

You know what, i just got pissed off! Forget about F&E. They can keep their cheap turkeys. I'll pay twice as much somewhere else.

Never been to a store with parking spots for hybrids. My 1988 Grand Wagoneer with it's 10 mpg would probably not be popular.:biggrin:

Never been to a store with parking spots for hybrids. My 1988 Grand Wagoneer with it's 10 mpg would probably not be popular.:biggrin:

Begin hijack:

IF I ever go to a store that has parking spots for hybrids again, I will intentionally park in the hybrid spot closest to the door. There is no statue that requires me to abide by that designation. It is an environmentalism endorsement from LEED that encourages them to do it. I wonder what the carbon foot print of a tow truck picking up my vehicle would be:confused:. Oh and don't forget the death of all those trees when it hits the printing press after my lengthy lawsuit.

I think its time for a hybrid parking spot tailgate party:idea::-D.

End Hijack.

Sorry for the off topic. I'll go to the penalty box now.

Went back yesterday and now those turkeys are 40 cents a pound...so I had to buy one ....there were only 5 left then so they may all be gone by now....sorry that I didnt post this earlier.

They are .40/lb, limit 2 here in middle TN. I had to dig to get to find some smaller ones, majority of them are 21lbs+. Gotta watch out for that danger zone when cooking turkey.

60 cents per pound at my Wal-Mart this weekend. Picked up a 21 pounder...........

If you spend $25 at Von's, you can get 1 of the following:

Safeway Turkey up to 16 pounds Grade A - $5 each
Safeway Turkey above 16 pounds Grade A - $7 each
Butterball Turkey up to 16 pounds Grade A - $8 each
Butterball Turkey Above 16 pounds Grade A - $10 each

Wally world out here had Jennie-o turkeys for .40 Lb, there was another brand of larger ones for .60 lb. I got 2 12pounders for .40 lb.

They also had cryovaced smoked turkeys for 2.49 lb

Back