• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Dual sensor

Dustaway

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
anybody have any luck with this type of thermometer?
Polder Dual Sensor Thermometer and Timer

Look for some reviews online on epinions or amazon. I looked at this one a while back and it got real bad reviews for reliability. Maybe they've gotten better.

I had one for about two contests. I liked the idea - measure the meat and the environment at the same time - just didn't hold up very long. I am VERY hard on thermometers so I now use cheap $10 units so I don't feel so bad throwing them away.

I will echo the others, mine worked great for about two cooks, then only one of the sensor's would work.

Anyone know a good place to buy replacement probes for the polder/ maverick type units?

I have a couple of the single probe models and have not had any problems. I've been tempted to try the double probe Polder. What mostly goes haywire on them, the probes or the unit? I have one of the Nex-Tech(Weber) remotes the Polder probe fits it.

Anyone know a good place to buy replacement probes for the polder/ maverick type units?

Call Maverick @ 1-800-526-0954, they have the six foot long probes. Cost is 4 for $55.50, and they didn't charge for S&H. They arrived in less than a week via snail-mail, even though they miss-spelled "Des Moines" on the shipping label ( the ZIP was correct ). They were in stock a couple of weeks ago. My bad, I should have posted that info earlier.
Dave

Call Maverick @ 1-800-526-0954, they have the six foot long probes. Cost is 4 for $55.50, and they didn't charge for S&H. They arrived in less than a week via snail-mail, even though they miss-spelled "Des Moines" on the shipping label ( the ZIP was correct ). They were in stock a couple of weeks ago. My bad, I should have posted that info earlier.
Dave

Just remember to test each probe in boiling water and then calibrate (mentally) if off or return. I have 3 polders and one probe is about 20 degrees off.

If one is off, you can tie a knot in it at the plug end as a reminder.

Back