MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 07-30-2013, 09:48 AM   #1
Billy Ribs
Knows what a fatty is.

Default Beef Bacon???

I saw this on Triple D last night. A Jewish Deli made Maple Bacon Doughnuts, with beef bacon.

Never heard of this, but definitely want to try it.

Spare Rib Anyone?

2002 Oklahoma Joe with TEXAS mods.
Billy Ribs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2013, 10:40 AM   #2
NorthernMN
On the road to being a farker

I have had it from a couple different meat shops and its not the same, still nothing like a good pork bacon.
NorthernMN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #3
Zippylip
Full Fledged Farker

it is fantastic, a few years ago my local supermarket carried it for a while but it has since disappeared. Here was a cook I did with it:

mandolin some carrots & potatoes (yellow, red & sweet) & toss with olive oil, onion powder, salt & pepper:

roll in the bacon:

indirect over whatever smoking wood makes you happy:

while that’s going, render the left over bacon in olive oil to make a quick roux, add back the crumbled bacon & a can of beef broth for a nice pan gravy:

drizzle the gravy over the "pot roast on a pick":

Thanks from:--->
Old 07-30-2013, 11:05 AM   #4
BBQ-Jim
On the road to being a farker

That looks awesome !!!! Now how do we make beef bacon.. Made my first hillbilly bacon and it came out good, a little salty but next batch will be much better.

Jim
BBQ-Jim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2013, 11:06 AM   #5
mr_ski73
Knows what a fatty is.

Sounds and looks awsome, might be a nice change of pace. Some people in my house have made comments about the "slight over use of" bacon.(not sure how thats possible..). But maybe I have become overly dependent on the ole greenbean bundles. Gonna try those for sure.