• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo World Championship BBQ Contest- Anyone Else Going?

thomasjurisd

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Hey fellow brethren,

My wife, a few friends, and I will be headed out to the HLSR BBQ Cookoff on Sat. and I wondered if any other Brethren will be out there and if so, which tent will you be patronizing?

We'll be splitting out time between "Those Texans" and "The Cayenne Social Club" tents probably from about noon until 7 or 8. (I've got a little one at home so no more of the late partying like in previous years).

Out of curiosity, anyone actually tending pit for a team? (If so, I realize you probably won't have time to respond to this).

Who else is heading out?

:clap2:

Texas BBQ Rub.com users had 4 in the finals for brisket.
Craig Sharry Texas Pepper Jelly Grand Champion.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...n/7448000.html

260xStory.jpg

Craig Sharry, with Texas Pepper Jelly, holds up his awards after being named 2011 Grand Champion Saturday at the World’s Championship BBQ Contest. He won first overall in the brisket category and the overall champion award.

The best in barbecue crowned at tasty rodeo event
By SYD KEARNEY
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Feb. 26, 2011, 11:15PM

More than 221,000 barbecue lovers made their way to Reliant Park for the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s World’s Championship BBQ Contest, which concluded Saturday night.
The three-day event drew more than 400 smoke-loving teams. Here are the 2011 winners announced at festivities Saturday night:
Overall Grand Champion: San Antonio Invitational Team-Texas Pepper Jelly
Champion Chicken: Rotten Wood Cookers
Champion Ribs: Goose Creek BBQ 1
Champion Brisket: San Antonio Invitational Team-Texas Pepper Jelly
Go Texan Best Barbecue: Freestone County Go Texan BBQ
Most Colorful Team: Holy Cow Cookers
Go Texan Most Colorful: Nueces County
Most Unique Pit: Pitmaker
Best Team Skit: Cooked on a Pitmaker
Cleanest Team Area: Floyd Morrow & Larkin
Dutch Oven Dessert Contest: Hoot County Saloon 2

Thank you Against The Grain for the nice post up ...

Much appreciated ....

Back