• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

7/18 - NY State Champ BBQ Fairfield, NY (unsanctioned)

M

Mark A Kenney

July18th 2009 New York State Championship BBQ Contest
Fairfield NY ( It is not a KCBS Cook Off ) But it is a State Champuionship
I Have a proclamation signed by Gov. Patterson. any questions contact me @ Maknney@aol.com

Is this a one or two day event ?
Is this a first year event ?
What categories are being contested ?

FYI.. That's the same weekend as the Troy Pig Out which is also a state championship.

it can be a state championship, but winning it will not advance the team to the Jack or the Royal. It must be a KCBS Sanctioned Event to Qualify.

The Troy event is.

it can be a state championship, but winning it will not advance the team to the Jack or the Royal. It must be a KCBS Sanctioned Event to Qualify.

The Troy event is.

No that's not true. Neither The Jack nor The Royal require any sanctioning at all.

It does not have to be a KCBS event. It can be run by anyone however, it must be all 4 categories. Chicken, Ribs, Pork and Brisket.

The Troy event is.

No that's not true. Neither The Jack nor The Royal require any sanctioning at all.

Yeah I believe its...

- 50 teams

- or State Championship (1st year minimum 15 teams, all other years 25 teams)

- And the event must be Chicken, Ribs, Pork, Brisket, KCBS sanctioning though is not required

Why no sanctioning though? A lot of teams will not cook your event... there would be plenty of time to get it sanctioned.

The Troy event is.

This is not true. :cry:

This is! :biggrin:

you are correct, i was tried when i read this. it will be entered into the draw for the jack if indeed a "State Championship"

e=drbbq;829629]No that's not true. Neither The Jack nor The Royal require any sanctioning at all.[/quote]

Actually, the requirements for Jack or the ARI say that contestants must cook chicken, pork and beef. They do not say that there have to be four categories, i.e. chicken, ribs, pork and beef. That's how any Texas event with over fifty teams becomes a qualifier for these two events. They just cook chicken, ribs and brisket in the majority of their events.

Rod
www.pelletenvy.com

Actually, the requirements for Jack or the ARI say that contestants must cook chicken, pork and beef. They do not say that there have to be four categories, i.e. chicken, ribs, pork and beef. That's how any Texas event with over fifty teams becomes a qualifier for these two events. They just cook chicken, ribs and brisket in the majority of their events.

Rod
www.pelletenvy.com

thats some good info! I never knew that.

Last edited:
15 1st year 25 there after is with Proclimation
50 teams gets you in without it

Back