• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

klose biggest grill in the world

trickyric

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I was watching this show BIG where a team of people including Dave Klose were making the biggest grill in the world. In the show Dave is made out to be kind of a goof! I really don't know how to feel about that.
they say he hasn't welded in 15 years and during the show he is cooking on the side like a side show and talking peoples ears off.
isn't this man one of the kings of Barbecue grills and smokers?
trickyric

Here's a pictorial of Phils visit

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/modules...ile=index&name=gallery&include=view_album.php

By all accounts at the time (searchable based on bbqchef33 as author), he's pretty cool guy.

Not searchable, is Phil calling me to mapquest Houston to find the farking place

"Why does mapquest tell me to go up the road a mile when I can cross the median right here?"

I recall the conversation fondly. Good memory

The man knows smokers. One of the nicest guys you could meet. He does love to talk. Ask him about pits, bbq or fishing, and he'll talk your ear off. He gives his cell # out to more people asking about pits than anyone I've seen.

I'll buy another pit from him in a heartbeat.

I thought the biggest grill in the world was that novelty semi truck that cooks all the hot dogs??:rolleyes:

I have to agree with thillin on this one. Dave Klose was a really nice guy. HIs staff, which happen to be his daughters, were wonderful and very friendly. The played with our son and brought him in their office even though they were extremely busy. I would love to go back to Houston for another smoker from Klose (if thillin would ever get another job):lol: .

I don't think you guys got my point,
I wasn't questioning him, but rather the way they portreyed him on this documnetary.
I have only heard and read wonderful things about this man and was dissapointed to see him used as a joke on this show......
again I just didn't like the way they portrayed him.
trickyric

I thought the biggest grill in the world was that novelty semi truck that cooks all the hot dogs??:rolleyes:

The one they made on the show wasn't mobile. It was a 20ft tall backyard charcoal grill. They grilled a giant hotdog that had to be loaded with a crane.

I really don't remember Dave's airtime. But he is just a good ole country boy.

I have to agree, Dave is awesome and a real genuwine guy. I left my info to find out about some smokers and did not expect Dave himself to call. I travel for work and my wife talk to him for about 20 minutes about what I wanted and who he was. Kind of refreshing to see that personal service anymore.

You know he may not do the actual welding anymore since his name is on the door, but he seems like the kind of guy you want to do business with. May have agreed to do the show and did not care asa to the way he was protrayed, or it happened in the editing.

Back