Cleveland brisket

S

smilligan66

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone from the Cleveland area has any idea where I can pick up some 15-20 pound briskets? The only place that I can find the big ones are a restaurant depot in Valley View. But I cant join cause you need a resellers business license. Any ideas will help. Thanks in advance guys.

I don't have a resellers business license and have a membership. I do, however, have a business license in another category. All they require is a business license and a state tax ID. (at least in Minnesota)

I am from the Cleveland area also and shop at the Indepedence Valley View Restaurant Depot. All you need is the KCBS membership. I bought one so I can buy my Royal Oak Charcoal. They have the big meat selections there also. I usually buy local grass fed or grass fed mail order unless I am feeding an army which it sounds like you are doing and you will definitely get a good deal on a brisket there. I think you can get a KCBS membership for $35.

Down here in Akron Medina area GFS has good meats. Walmart depends on the day of the week. What about the west side market I haven't been there in 20 years but it may be worth a look.

All I needed to join RD in Michigan was my employers tax ID number. They wanted a copy of the tax ID form W-9

thats it

no licence

do not have to be in the food biz, I am in the automotive industry

Just told them I am going to pay sales tax and thats all I needed was that form

Maybe its different between the RD's but try if you have not

GFS has nice briskets in my area, but they are not real big

I was at the West Side Market about six months ago and didn't see any briskets and everything was way overpriced.

thanks guys I was thinking about getting a KCBS membership anyway so I will give it a try.

I'm in the process of joining KCBS for this very reason, but I was told this past weekend that my West Side Market stand of choice could get me a choice-grade packer for 4.79/lb. I'd just have to order ahead of time.

Not an ideal price, I know, but the option is at least there.

Back