I really think I need professional help...

Al Czervik

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I stopped by the grocery store today to just pick up a couple things my wife wanted for some baking she is doing... Flour, eggs, butter, etc. Try as I might, I couldn't help but wander by the meat department. It's like a train wreck... I can't help but look. :tsk: To make a long story short, these somehow jumped into my basket.

edit_preview.php

edit_preview.php

They were on sale for $3.07 per pound so I figured I was saving money. :mrgreen:

Isn't the first step in solving a problem admitting you have one? :confused:

So you need help eating them, right? :hungry:

I will since I'm the only beef eater in the house... You got any plans of heading this way anytime soon?

Apparently he needs help cooking them first.

That part I know how to do... I just don't know how to exercise self control when it comes to buying more.

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
LOL

you aint the only one who needs help.

I am still figuring out my new OK Joe. Decided to do a quick test burn today after I got home from work loading the firebox a different way. No intent on cooking anything.

So here I am, temps in the 20's, 20 mph winds, and I am looking at a 250f cooking chamber.

Might as well throw on a few wings on the hot side, dont want to waste a perfectly good fire!!

Huh? It isn't a problem. Just be careful when you tell the fellas you was checking out the meat at the store. They might take it the wrong way.

What cut is that exactly?

I never walk through the store without hittin the meat department.

That being said, there is a hamburger joint in hermosa beach that has had huge reviews and many articles written up about there burgers already. Omomie.

That being said, you have 40% of what you need already to make one hell of a great burger. Buy some flap meat and grind 2 thick slices of thick bacon per pound of meat. Mix the short ribs, flap meat at 50/50 then add some ground bacon. Make your burgers individually.

How do I know this, I asked the cook behind the counter and WTF, he told me. I've tried it and they were awesome!! Add your own spices etc.

Either way, great looking short ribs!!!

Isn't the first step in solving a problem admitting you have one? :confused:
Yeah. And the next step is that you have to want to deal with your problem and, frankly, I see very little sincerity in any claim that you want to get better.

Until you really truly want to cure this, I have but one question...

How did you plan to cook those? :hungry:

If I saw those beauties in the store for that price, I would of bought them too. Really nice looking hunks of meat there.

For the people who don't trust walmart meat, their packer briskets (at least down here) are the same thing you would see at a high end grocery store. Typically excel brand packers. I've even grabbed cab choice packers from there on occasion.

Back