MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:11 AM   #46
Muscrat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasket View Post
I'm just so addicted to anything BB-Q related I'd sit there and watch someone chop wood if they said it was gonna be used for smoking food.
I'm with ya on that one. Between BBQ pit masters and duck dynasty I don't watch much other tv!!!
Muscrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-26-2012, 02:39 PM   #47
olewarthog
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats to Dionn & Gary of Holy Smokes. First met them in 2010 at the comp I organize which, I believe, was the second comp they ever cooked. The next year, they won Grand at my comp. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet. I am proud to call them friends & to be able to brag that the BBQ Pitmasters GA Champions catered my son's wedding reception just a week or two after winning that title.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:04 AM   #48
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Question BBQ Pitmasters S04E01 anyone?

So here we are again . It's always the same problem, Pitmasters just don't get the same love as all the other (mostly pointless) shows.

CRiMSON usually covers that niche, although it's only in SDTV, and luckily S04E02 just appeared, but no sign of S04E01 yet.

If anybody here has discovered the file of the first episode of the new season, please PM me, I'd really appreciate to watch the episodes in the correct order (even if they are not connected, it's just a habit).

P.S. And please no discussion about legality, as stated before, getting content this way is legal here where I live.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:11 AM   #49
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

Never mind, CRiMSON rocks!

Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 AM   #50
scottjess
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Scottjames84

Quote:
Originally Posted by This is not your pork! View Post
Never mind, CRiMSON rocks!
I gave up looking so I paid I think $12.99 for the HD season on Youtube since we do not have Destination America on our channel lineup... which will have to change :-)

Old 01-04-2013, 03:23 AM   #51
This is not your pork!
is one Smokin' Farker

I can't have it here any other way, and I really don't want to miss it, so...

Old 01-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #52
Big slick
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP7794 View Post
Although somewhat corny, I don't mind the show. One thing that does annoy me is that you have to hear them say "that's me" 30 times. They could accomplish the same thing quietly with graphics.
OH MY GOD THANK YOU!!!

I hate that so much!! That has to be the most annoying thing about that show.

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-04-2013, 01:03 PM   #53
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

I liked the first season of Pitmasters ... I seemed to learn more. While I enjoy the current Pitmasters episodes I was hoping that they would promote a little more education in the cooks. I do pick up something if I focus and listen to whats being said. I DO NOT LIKE Warren Sapp as a judge though. Yes, he knows how to eat but his ability to be open and judge fairly seems a bit off.

Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #54
djoseph74
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMDGeek View Post
I liked the first season of Pitmasters ... I seemed to learn more.
The last 3 episodes seem more informative to me. The pitmasters talked about technical and how they did things in each one. Seems a step up from last season.

Old 01-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #55
AJP
Full Fledged Farker

If you are looking for these episodes and have usenet access search for c-bpm401, c-bpm402, and c-bpm403 that is all three episodes in 1080i with 5.1 sound.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:13 PM   #56
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

I have every episode in 1080p downloaded ... drives my wife nuts as I watch them several times and I write things down from them every time. You have to listen and look closely to see things and hear things that are quickly said or implied but I do learn from them. I'd again like to see them push for a little more of the technical how too tips.

Old 01-06-2013, 06:14 PM   #57
GMDGeek
is one Smokin' Farker

Posted twice not sure why - so I'll edit and add ... I do get a kick out of all the different types of smokers used. Some look awesome and others I just don't see and transportation friendly!