• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2 vents on weber lid for uds

I've found that filling my charcoal basket half full or so and starting a full chimney of charcoals, and then putting them in the charcoal basket after the charcoals are fully lit. Then I keep the lid off the UDS until the charcoal basket are also fully burning to get the heat up. Then I put the lid on to bring the heat down so I put the chicken on and cook it. It works for me.

I've found that filling my charcoal basket half full or so and starting a full chimney of charcoals, and then putting them in the charcoal basket after the charcoals are fully lit. Then I keep the lid off the UDS until the charcoal basket are also fully burning to get the heat up. Then I put the lid on to bring the heat down so I put the chicken on and cook it. It works for me.
This works for me too, although I don't let the entire basket light up. I can achieve high temps quickly and maintain it there. It's a lot faster than lighting just a dozen or so coals to start.

Use only KB and my results are the same. In winter time I light more to get up to temp more quickly,but I'm able to achieve 350 pretty easily and stay there.To me key is finding the right amount t o start with to get the temp you need.

brickie

Back