Pat of Patrick's BBQ Over For Dinner Photos

cmcadams

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
For those of you that don't know Pat yet, find a way to do so now that he's on here. The more I know him, the more glad I am to have the chance.

He and his very soon to be wife again, Rebecca, came over last night for dinner. I used this as an excuse to make something for the pork throwdown, but I enjoyed the meal so much, I wanted to show it off a bit more than just my 3 shots!

It started with grilled caprese salad. Fresh local tomatoes with fresh mozzarella and basil that I'm growing in a hanging basket... Slices of tomato topped with mozz went on the BGE to get some smoke and melt some cheese while the basil got a chiffinade cut to be added. Rustic country bread was drizzled with olive oil and grilled, then served with the caprese along with some balsamic vinegar glaze.

2752226180_67086af54e.jpg

2751391785_85c36d8d92.jpg

Cauliflower was cut up, coated with olive oil, and roasted with garlic on the BGE at about 450 degrees until the cauliflower was softened (about 20 minutes, stirring half way through to get as much caramelization as I could). Then it was thrown in a blender with about 1/2 cup or water (broth could be used, too), and pureed.

2752231508_3f89d259f9.jpg

2 pork tenderloins were slit open to allow stuffing, which I did with sauteed mushrooms and caramelized onions, some sage, rosemary and thyme from another hanging basket, all to be trussed up with some silicone thingies that do a great job for that.

2751396937_c31fa7f74a.jpg

2751396295_11d56a18b7.jpg

The meat was taken off at about 145-150 degrees and rested, then sliced. I served it on the cauliflower puree, with a mixed green salad.

2752229688_c8e756aac9.jpg

2751395175_3f3afcd303.jpg

2752370964_bee0f3abba.jpg

For dessert, I did peaches again, since they're so good right now. I halved them, drizzled with Aruban dark rum, vanilla and cinnamon, then grilled, sliced and topped with whipped cream that I made by adding Torani brown sugar cinnamon syrup for sweetness.

2752227764_fbb9e12fd0.jpg

Not everyone likes peaches, so I grilled 2 whole banans, still in the peel, until they were hot, then slit them open and mashed the banana a bit, added some cream cheese mixed with caramel, then topped with whipped cream.

2752228704_4e0f97e0a5.jpg

With a CA Pinot Noir, and finishing with mojitos later, it was a great meal enjoyed all the more because of sharing it with good people.

Keyboard wet with drool.....Awesome Pron, Outstanding.....

You didn't use any Matchlite to make him feel at home??? :twisted:

Great lookin dinner, looks like a nice evening!

No matchlight... Chinesebob got him a chimney, anyway!

*looking for reason to go to Ohio*

Wow! Haven't had dinner yet, and drooling! Nice job Curt! A bit fancy for me though! J/K LOL!!

Yummm.... Very nice looking dinner. Not too heavy. I like how you kept it simple yet creative.

Patrick is on the forum? Who is he?

Screen name...I know WHO he is.

Missed this one last night but it sure looks good this morning!!

Durn good eats! Were the bananas overripe, or is that just the color off the grill? Great pics too.

i going outside to put up a new mailbox because that has to be the reason i didn't get the invite... someone hit mine over the weekend and knocked it into the hay field

You have to keep that mailbox up and in working order! :) Actually, Rick, there's an open invitation for you to come by for dinner.

psmitty, the bananas turn a bit black as they grill; they were just right in ripeness.

Since

You dont come visit anymore!!!!! I guess I need to take a ROAD TRIP!!!!!! Awesome looking food Curt!!!!

Back