BBQ Brethren "Man Sized Meat" Throwdown!

My entry into the TD. Not a big hunk of meat , but enough to satisfy a anorexic Ethiopian. Carne Asada. This meat was cut from a full chuck, rubbed with paprika, s and p, garlic powder and onion powder. Then marinated in lime juice and onions. Now before I show the pics let me say my wife put this together while I was at work. She does not read the forums what so ever. The egg plant is pure coincidence, I swear!!!

Raw meat put on the weber silver.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTYuanBn.jpg

All cooked with the sweat charred onions.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTguanBn.jpg

And the money shot.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjAuanBn.jpg

I have been hoping to get in on some throwdowns. Timing just has not been right. Although this is not exactly man size, I'm had to start somewhere. Thanx, Pugi.

My humble entry I submit before my fellow brethren to enter in this throwdown of man sized meatiness is.... Grilled Pork Chop Welly!

I know, one at first would think, "pork chop, how is that man sized?" I believe it's an almost 2 inch thick "Iowa" Pork Chop! And, if that isn't enough, we'll wrap it in more meat, BACON!
043.jpg

045.jpg

It's then seasoned and grilled with some hickory thrown in to add a hint of smoke.
052.jpg

056.jpg

This in itself, would by a man sized meal but, wait! We don't stop there! Then it is combine with cheese and a mustard sauce to be wrapped within dough and then baked until a "come hither" delicious golden brown.
059.jpg

064.jpg

And now, we feast!
070.jpg

069.jpg

067.jpg

The flaky crust, the sour taste of the mustard sauce blending in with the salty hint the bacon brings forth to dance with the herbs and spices applied to the heart stopppingly tender, juicy pork. So delicious. So filling. Truly a man is left feeling he has taken an epic journey of taste and sheer volume of succulent deliciousness upon finishing... The Grilled Pork Chop Welly.
:becky:

How on earth did LARGE MANLY MEAT, just one portion of said meat, ever become a whole cow TD? Geesh, men are more complicated than I ever imagined...just go get a huge, DEAD, not mooing, oinking or baaahing, skinned and prepped farkin' huge hunk of meat and throw it on the effin fire, simple! And it still has to be ONE serving, so if you can actually eat a whole cow/pig/lamb in ONE sitting then go for it! I should have punished you all and called a vegan TD, but noooooo, I was actually trying to cater to the man-beast, gimme a huge hunk o meat that you all crave, so punish me!:drama:
Is this of sufficient size to qualify for Large Manly Meat? A 1 bone rib steak.

ribsteak_02.png

Last edited by a moderator:
My entry into the TD. Not a big hunk of meat , but enough to satisfy a anorexic Ethiopian. Carne Asada. This meat was cut from a full chuck, rubbed with paprika, s and p, garlic powder and onion powder. Then marinated in lime juice and onions. Now before I show the pics let me say my wife put this together while I was at work. She does not read the forums what so ever. The egg plant is pure coincidence, I swear!!!

Raw meat put on the weber silver.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTYuanBn.jpg

All cooked with the sweat charred onions.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMTguanBn.jpg

And the money shot.
utf-8BSU1BRzAyMjAuanBn.jpg

I have been hoping to get in on some throwdowns. Timing just has not been right. Although this is not exactly man size, I'm had to start somewhere. Thanx, Pugi.

:hungry::hungry::hungry: Looks man size and VERY TASTY to me... :becky:

My humble entry I submit before my fellow brethren to enter in this throwdown of man sized meatiness is.... Grilled Pork Chop Welly!

I know, one at first would think, "pork chop, how is that man sized?" I believe it's an almost 2 inch thick "Iowa" Pork Chop! And, if that isn't enough, we'll wrap it in more meat, BACON!
043.jpg

045.jpg

It's then seasoned and grilled with some hickory thrown in to add a hint of smoke.
052.jpg

056.jpg

This in itself, would by a man sized meal but, wait! We don't stop there! Then it is combine with cheese and a mustard sauce to be wrapped within dough and then baked until a "come hither" delicious golden brown.
059.jpg

064.jpg

And now, we feast!
070.jpg

069.jpg

067.jpg

The flaky crust, the sour taste of the mustard sauce blending in with the salty hint the bacon brings forth to dance with the herbs and spices applied to the heart stopppingly tender, juicy pork. So delicious. So filling. Truly a man is left feeling he has taken an epic journey of taste and sheer volume of succulent deliciousness upon finishing... The Grilled Pork Chop Welly.
:becky:

:hungry::hungry::hungry: And what a journey it had to have been... Great job!

Someone Call 9-1-1, My heart just seized. My Man Sized Meat entry is that of a meat that was given to us by God on the 8th day of creation, BACON! I'm talking a fillet of jowl bacon wraped with bacon, rubbed with Jack Daniels Honey. A liberal rub of Bad Bob's Hawg Rub. Then I proceeded to grill this on medium heat on the Traeger. It might not be the the biggest meat brought to this throwdown, but it was a mouthgasm!!!!The sides of Wampus peachy bourbon baked beans weren't hot yet so Isettled for a meal of bacon!!Poor Me!!

100MEDIA_IMAG0344.jpg

Jowl bacon fillet rubbed with the JD Honey
100MEDIA_IMAG0346.jpg

Rubbed
100MEDIA_IMAG0347.jpg

Wrapped in bacon!
100MEDIA_IMAG0353.jpg

On the Traeger
100MEDIA_IMAG0356.jpg

Melts in your mouth like butter, whats this sharp pain in my chest?

Holly farking chit. :shocked:

Now, I really have seen everything. WOW! Bacon wrapped in bacon and smoked. :hail:

BTW, it was nice knowing you. :rapture:

CD

Back