MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:20 PM   #1
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Default Memphis BBQ Company Review

Not bad.Had the cheese fritter appetizer.Tastee but RICH.Wife had a pulled pork sammich and fries,daughter had smoked 1/2 chicken and side salad,solid.Little buddy had bones and Mc-n -cheese,devoured it.I picked sliced brisket and sausage combo plate with BBQ sketti and mc-n- cheese for sides.They all liked their meal.Brisket was tender and flavorful but a tad dry,sauce fixed that.Sausage looked like Polska but had a different taste and texture.Not bad overall and reasonably priced.If you are ever in Memphis,stop by my house or visit Memphis BBQ Company,you will not be disappointed.
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->

Old 08-04-2019, 09:27 PM   #2
LYU370
Babbling Farker

Was there last about 5 or 6 years ago. Best BBQ I had in Memphis, even though it was in Mississippi.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Saber 500 Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us and enter to win great prizes! It's a BLAST!
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 08-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
RandyNight
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Randy

Thanks, do you have a review of Central BBQ? Made a Christmas trip with my sons and employees to BassPro and ate at their downtown location. I thought it good, but I'm not enough of a BBQ expert to give a report.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYU370 View Post
Was there last about 5 or 6 years ago. Best BBQ I had in Memphis, even though it was in Mississippi.
Yessir It is head and shoulders above some of the "Memphis" joints.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:35 PM   #5
ronbrad62
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Ron

There is (or was) one near me. It is an area I don't travel to often, but you have my interest piqued enough to make an effort to try it. Thanks.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:38 PM   #6
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyNight View Post
Thanks, do you have a review of Central BBQ? Made a Christmas trip with my sons and employees to BassPro and ate at their downtown location. I thought it good, but I'm not enough of a BBQ expert to give a report.
Central is VERY poupular in these parts but to be honest,I have never been there.I have lived here for 56 years but I stay away from Memphis whenever possible.There are SEVERAL wonderful Q joints in Memphis,you just have to be careful at what time of day you visit them and always have a group with you.Cozy Corner,Interstate on 61,etc. have Great Q but be aware of your surroundings.Go in daylight hours in a group.Seems it is getting that way everywhere these days.
Old 08-04-2019, 09:40 PM   #7
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Thanks for the review, Hoss! It sounds darned tasty.
I've also seen pics of your cookin'. I'd be happy to stop by your house if ever out that way. lol

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:43 PM   #8
Hoss
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Thanks for the review, Hoss! It sounds darned tasty.
I've also seen pics of your cookin'. I'd be happy to stop by your house if ever out that way. lol
The gate is open and the fire is burnin,you are welcome anytime.