How to eat Chorizo sausage dogs???

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
I bought a few Chorizo bun size sausages at the butcher shop. What would be the best way to serve them? They are already fully cooked. Just grill and serve. I was thinking I would serve on a bun and add taco sauce, cheese, lettuce, peppers and sour cream for toppings.

How would you do it?

Chorizo is such a wide genre of sausage... spanish, mexican, portuguese, argetine? If it's mexican chop it up into tacos, it will be too strong to just eat as a sausage sandwhich. If it's spanish, slice it as part of a charcuterie plate or on some pizza. Argentine or Portuguese should be grilled then put on crispy piece of french bread with some Chimi-churri... look up a recipe, it's amazing.

I bought a few Chorizo bun size sausages at the butcher shop. What would be the best way to serve them? They are already fully cooked. Just grill and serve. I was thinking I would serve on a bun and add taco sauce, cheese, lettuce, peppers and sour cream for toppings.

How would you do it?
Is it spanish chorizo or mexican? I have never seen mexican chorizo sold already cooked from a butchers shop.

Is it spanish chorizo or mexican? I have never seen mexican chorizo sold already cooked from a butchers shop.

Good point... although in my neck of the woods, I wouldn't be suprised :grin:

Good point... although in my neck of the woods, I wouldn't be suprised :grin:

I'd sacrifice one for testing. I've had some chorizo that had enough grease that the first bite could get a little exciting served straight off the grill.

I am not big on meat on bread/buns, so I do pretty much any sausage plain or with some Slawsa on the side.

Last edited:
They said it was Mexican sausage.

Does it have a casing? If so, I'd remove it and heat up the meat, add it to some corn tortillas and make tacos. It really is good stuff.

Wrapped in bacon, grilled, then onto a Mexican bollilo roll, with mayo, poco de gallo and lettuce & cabbage slaw

Grilled and then wrapped in a flour tortilla with cheese and pico de gallo or salsa...

I just made a chorizo & cheese burrito yesterday. Garnished with chopped up tomato, onion & cilantro.. few drops of concentrated lime juice and a few drops of Tapatio.. mmm mm mmm.

Fry up the chorizo like you would ground beef for a beef taco. It should of came fresh.

I actually have a jar of chorizo spices premade that I mix into ground pork.. can do this on the fly.. I just weigh the pork and multiply the grams by 10.2% then add that many grams in chorizo spices. Then add like 6.2% in apple cider vinegar and 3.5% in water. Doing the same for my breakfast sausage and hot italian sausages (i.e. big jar of the spices premade).. makes it so much easier.

Back