Thinking I'm gonna like my CL score...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
1.5" rib eye steaks seared on my new Lodge cast iron hibachi and finished on the Weber Genesis...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732122.428336.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732137.605692.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732153.257722.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732172.894073.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732190.987746.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360732206.561228.jpg

They turned out great!!! Incredible sear and bursting with juice!!

Those are great little cookers. I love mine. And yours is in excellent condition.

I like mine. The only drawback is that the heat takes the seasoning off the body right away and then it starts to rust. I just ran mine through the self cleaning cycle in the oven yesterday to remove any last remaining traces of the factory seasoning and I plan to apply some 2000°F Rustoleum starting today. If it truly is good for that temp, it should even be OK in the fire box.

The other thing I don't like about it is the propensity to tip forward when lifted by the bail. I want to counterweight it with something on the bottom towards the rear to counteract that. I wish they would have put the bail lugs at the balance point rather than the center of the fire box.

Thanks for posting and the steaks look great but I am now kicking myself.

I have been wrestling with myself over the last year to buy one of those hibachis. Last October I even had one in the cart going to check out at Sports Academy and took it back.

Very nice. What are the littl legs in the cooking grate for ?
You can flip the grate over and move it a little further from the coals. Devilishly simple method for temperature control. There is also a draft control that helps control temperature.

I like mine. The only drawback is that the heat takes the seasoning off the body right away and then it starts to rust. I just ran mine through the self cleaning cycle in the oven yesterday to remove any last remaining traces of the factory seasoning and I plan to apply some 2000°F Rustoleum starting today. If it truly is good for that temp, it should even be OK in the fire box.

The other thing I don't like about it is the propensity to tip forward when lifted by the bail. I want to counterweight it with something on the bottom towards the rear to counteract that. I wish they would have put the bail lugs at the balance point rather than the center of the fire box.

No kidding. I hate how it wobbles and the flap always drops when I'm carrying it. I empty out all the ash before moving it. It's still a great grill though. But I'm not sure that painting the inside of it is such a good idea. Maybe it won't matter as much because its not a closed cooker?

Very nice. What are the littl legs in the cooking grate for ?

The grate can be flipped- legs up for seat marks Nd getting close to the fire. Legs up for spatula foods like burgers and cooking a little further from the coals.

Thanks for posting and the steaks look great but I am now kicking myself.

I have been wrestling with myself over the last year to buy one of those hibachis. Last October I even had one in the cart going to check out at Sports Academy and took it back.

I hear ya...do it quite often myself ;)

Just in case you get the "itch", I believe Amazon has the best price on them... around $69 w/ free shipping :)

Read the reviews at Amazon, and I'm pretty confident you'll have one sitting at your door step in no time!!

Back