MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 11-06-2011, 11:39 AM   #151
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

I have never seen a breadstick pan, that is a interesting cook. Not sure what to call it. Looks good.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->

Old 11-06-2011, 01:21 PM   #152
nucornhusker
Babbling Farker

Here is my It Came From The Sea TD entry.

This is something I have been wanting to try for years, and now seemed like a great time to try it.

Fresh Sockeye Salmon

Dusted with a little Salmon Magic Seasoning (apparently by Dom Deluise ). I always use this with salmon.

The mustard/mayonnaise based glaze for the fish (I forgot to put the mayonnaise in the picture!)

On the grill, planked and glazed

Done on the grill. I love the color the glaze changed to.

Plated (back view)

Final plating. TD Money Shot!

Thanks for looking!
Old 11-06-2011, 02:46 PM   #153
DaveMW
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhot View Post
OK DaveMW, you got my attention with juniper and wild berries! Gin is made with juniper berries (good gin anyway) and is one of my faves. I am very curious about the ingredients of your rub and sauce now! Nice first TD entry, oh and welcome to the jungle!!!! Oh, and I love romaine, what did you put on it? Looks like feta?

The grilled romaine had a drizzle of balsamic followed by a drizzle of honey and sprinkled with feta. The rub is just crushed juniper berries (about 5 of them), course salt and fresh cracked pepper (1 TB each) That will make enough for 1.5+ pounds of salmon.
Weber Jumbo Joe "AH" - Black
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Smoky Joe "F"- Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Genesis - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Weber Go-Anywhere - Black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]UDS - which surprisingly is not black[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic]Great Outdoors Smoky Mountain Smoker[/FONT]
DaveMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 11-06-2011, 05:29 PM   #154
WvSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I have never seen a breadstick pan, that is a interesting cook. Not sure what to call it. Looks good.
Thanks. My bread stick pan is an antique, but you can still find them. It makes farktastic bread sticks, but I use it for lot's of other things too.
I don't know what to call the dish either. It was basically just a shoot from the hip recipe for the TD. The stix didn't last long. I made 11 (the max slots in my pan) and 8 of them went down upon arrival at my friends house. I only got the one I sneaked off the plate from the TD pics. My youngest daughter snagged the other two from the plate.
I figure this will get a zero, but I didn't want to do the salmon or lobster thing since those will probably be hit hard in this TD. For a close your eyes and shoot recipe, this came out great.

My name is Monty, dad, or grandpa...depending on who you are.
WvSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:58 PM   #155
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

I grilled some bait up this evening for my dads birthday and it went something like this.....

Technically this should qualify as coming from the sea but it probably spent 95% of it time frozen and 5% in the sea.

After siting for a while lightly salted they were grilled over direct heat.

Served with a roll, simple boiled potato and some molho cru, this is comfort food from the old country and Pops was .

Thanks for looking.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:09 PM   #156
WvSmoke
Full Fledged Farker

Poisson Congele'...sounds dangerous to me...almost like a poison dart from the congo. Good looking Sardines though!

My name is Monty, dad, or grandpa...depending on who you are.
WvSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #157
GammaRei
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by will work for bbq View Post
i grilled some bait up this evening for my dads birthday and it went something like this.....

Technically this should qualify as coming from the sea but it probably spent 95% of it time frozen and 5% in the sea.

after siting for a while lightly salted they were grilled over direct heat.

served with a roll, simple boiled potato and some molho cru, this is comfort food from the old country and pops was .

thanks for looking.
oh my gad~!!!! That looks so good. . . . . . .

- g
GammaRei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:42 PM   #158
Wrench_H
is One Chatty Farker

So living at the beach, I would have loved this category during the summer. Once fall gets here, its too cold to go fishing, and most of the roadside guys have closed up shop. When I think fall or winter seafood, I think oysters. Usually oysters means getting a couple bushells on a saturday afternoon to have friends over, drink some beer and watch some football. We couldn't really do that this weekend, so my wife and I just bought a couple dozen and had a nice little Sunday night dinner. These are local stump sound oysters which aren't the prettiest, but they are pretty big and have a lot of that salty,ocean flavor that make oysters what they are.

I started with some shallots and garlic in butter.

Next I added some baby spinach.

We found some spanish chorizo at the store, and I wanted to try to incorporate it with some of these too. I made a roux, and added some pepper jack, cheddar, and heavy cream to make a thick cheese sauce.

Here is my 'on the grill' shot with the two sauces. I added some cream and a little flour to the spinach to make something similar to creamed spinach.

Once they started opening up, I took them off and started making them up. The rockefellers had creamed spinach, bacon, parmesan, panko, and some parsley. The "wrenchefellers" had the cheese sauce and chorizo.

I threw them on the smokey joe under a chimney of hot coals to melt everything up.

Here they are plated with with some hot sauce.

These were really good, but very rich. My wife and I could only eat two of each, and then just ate the rest from the shell with a little hot sauce. Thanks for looking.

CharGriller Smokin Pro, King Kooker Cast Propane Smoker, Smokey Joe Silver, Blue Mosaic Kamado, Traeger 075(Somehow I now have 2 of these), Weber Performer, BW Fatboy, Char Griller Akorn

Multiple Time [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/group.php?groupid=39"]Zero[/URL] Member

Try the [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"]Throwdowns[/URL] - MMMMM...tastes like liquid crystal
Wrench_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:43 PM   #159
zippyt
Found some matches.

I like the Bait , Looks Killer
zippyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:15 PM   #160
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Well, for those that didn't catch my thread last week about my pizza failure, here is a photo recap

So this weekend was a chance at redemption. While pizza isn't always the healthiest, it is a great source of leftovers I will take to work during the week. I can literally get a thing of sauce and a ball of dough for $3 at Trader Joe's and that is really enough for at least two pizzas. First pie was a standard pizza with pepperoni, sausage, bacon, provel cheese and mozzarella. It came out pretty good.

So anyway, since I was making pies, I decided to make one up with a seafood twist. I went ahead and put some shrimp on the grill.

After they were done I sliced them up along with some crab meat. On the dough I spread a thin layer of alfredo sauce. Then on went the shrimp and crab.

The GF suggested to use a little cream cheese. To me, cream cheese is like bacon, it makes everything better. So, I spread out some dollops of cream cheese and then topped with mozzarella again. On to the cooker and off came this:

I topped it with some parmesan.

Cream Cheesy goodness!

It was quite tasty.

The dough in the middle didn't quite get done so it went into the oven for a quick finishing since I had already shut down the pizza cooker.

As with anything there are some things that I will tweak in the future but this was really good. I was really happy with the results since I was just shooting from the hip.
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 11:09 PM   #161
landarc

This just in, Chris, Rob wanted me to have tou use this shot for our NorCal Bash entry.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #162
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Great looking meal Monty!
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:04 AM   #163
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by WvSmoke View Post
Poisson Congele'...sounds dangerous to me...almost like a poison dart from the congo. Good looking Sardines though!
It has been over 12 hours since eating the Poisson from the Congele and all is well..... M U S T B E S L O W A C T I .....

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 09:07 AM   #164
Al Czervik

Bravo! Great combination!
(")_(")
Old 11-07-2011, 09:09 AM   #165
Al Czervik

That is certainly not a pizza fail! Looks great. I'll be stealing this idea for a future cook...
(")_(")