Labory Day cook WARNING! (Don't look if you're hungry)

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Here are some pics from yesterday. What a day! It was nice to have the BBQ and the family over for dinner. I got some of the bbq bug outta my big ole self too! Keri C's cornbread recipe was a hit and addin the pork to it was delicioso! Only one piece left and this morning when I got up it was gone so someone hit during the night. Wasn't me!
What a day:grin: !
Keri C's Cornbread with pulled pork
BBQ096w.jpg

BBQ104w.jpg

BBQ110w.jpg

BBQ125w.jpg

Peach Baked Beans
BBQ111w.jpg

Here is my pit cookin away. Keale, this big ole pit for only 2 pork butts!
BBQ089w.jpg

Butts partial way through the cook

BBQ092w.jpg

The final showing
BBQ122w.jpg

WOW looks great.. gotta ask what camera you use and at what settings? looks like a n80 or something. great pictures.

WOW looks great.. gotta ask what camera you use and at what settings? looks like a n80 or something. great pictures.

These were taken with just a Canon Rebel. It has a 50 prime on it. That's the only one my wife leaves laying around that I (or she) can use on my cooking hobby. The settings range from 1.8-4.5 at 100-400 iso and anywhere from 15-50 shutter speed. (as per what my wife says)

Maybe someday I will be worth dragging the "big guns" out for. :icon_smil :lol:

Last edited:
I'm heading toward a Nikon d80 with a 50mm prime, too... starting with a f1.8, maybe going to a f1.4.

Its almost dinner time here, no que leftovers, I didn't listen, now I'm hungry! Great pics! That cornbread and beans look awesome!
You're a purist! That big 'ol pit for 2 butts?!! That a beautiful machine!
Good luck in selling it! It must be hard to part w/ something that pretty!

You know you always look when you are told not to.. Now I got to find something for dinner. Food looks very good. Nice job!!!

Back