• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

could this be the answer to postage stamp chicken thighs?

Interesting but.....per the website..."TG is deactivated by most cooking techniques" so does it let loose while cooking? if so what would be the point?

from the site

"What is Transglutaminase or Meat Glue?

Transglutaminase (TG), aka Meat Glue, is a natural enzyme that has the ability to glue protein-containing foods together. When raw meats are bound with TG, they typically have the strength and appearance of whole uncut muscles.

Primary uses of transglutaminase include:

Making uniform portions that cook evenly, look good, and reduce waste.
Binding meat mixtures like sausages without casings.
Making meat combinations like bacon and scallops.
Producing special effects like meat noodles, meat and vegetable pastas, etc.

seems to me it wouldn't be affected by cooking.

im assuming the bacon wrapped scallops are raw, than cooked. If it works for that, we could be stretching skin from the chicken breast totally around a trimmed thigh.

expensive as compared to what? a $13 package is good for 12-15 lbs of meat. If you got it, divided it up and re-vacuum sealed it. You're down to less than a dollar a lb

It was over $100 on Amazon. Maybe your looking at significantly smaller size? What size are you looking at and how did you get the numbers for how many pounds its good for?

So my book calls for 1 teaspoon per thigh and there are approximately 16 teaspoons per 50 grams. So $13+$5 shipping your looking at over a dollar a teaspoon which to me is expensive. Now if your a serious competitor it would make total sense to purchase the larger quantity and save some as you'll use more and hopefully win some money to offset the cost as well. But for the average Joe (backyard cook like me) this seems expensive.

it says it can be mixed into a slurry and brushed on, 1 part TG, 4 parts water. I don't think you'd need a teaspoon a thigh, that'd be 5 teaspoons total slurry brushed on.

i think it is an unnecessary step, with my process, i have no need for it. plus i have heard it is dangerous if it is inhaled... last thing i need is to glue my nose shut lol

i think it is an unnecessary step, with my process, i have no need for it. plus i have heard it is dangerous if it is inhaled... last thing i need is to glue my nose shut lol

Who in the world did you hear that from??? Did they confuse meat glue with another powdery substance?

Back