2 Days of Cooking

Rookie'48

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well, it all began when my younger brother called to ask a question about pastrami :rolleyes:. That got me wanting some pastrami also & I knew that I had a couple of corned beef flats in the freezer just calling my name. While I was digging through the freezer I found some other stuff that got my attention, like a pork loin, three sausage rolls for fatties and ..... a prime rib roast :-D. So, while the flats were doing their 2 day soak I decided to toss the pork on the smoker.
I had three different flavors of Ol' Folks sausage; one Hot, one Medium & one Italian. I just opened them up, hit with Misty's BBQ Seasoning and let them rest over night. The pork loin got a special treatment this time, I used about a 50/50 mix of Plowboy's Yardbird & BBS's Sweet & Spicey, then it also rested over night.
The Prime Rib was done with Phil's recipie with a couple of small changes: 1st - no turbanado sugar (I was out of it); and 2nd - I used the "Spicey" Montreal Steak Seasoning. On the flats I made a 50/50 mix of course ground black pepper & Montreal "Spicey". The flats also rested in the fridge after rubbing.
I used cherry pellets in the Traeger and I let it run on the "smoke" setting for awhile before ramping it up to cooking temps this time. Everything turned out good except for one of the flats (a bit dry). Oh, yeah, the Prime Rib is a lot more done than I would like, but you know the saying "If Mama ain't happy ....." :eek:
Now, after all of this blather, here's the Pron ---

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 169
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 170
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 170
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 170
Reminds me of an old truck driver story about who your true friends are. A dog will let you cook your prime rib any way you want. Try this experiment, lock your dog and your spouse in the trunk of your car. After about an hour open the trunk. Which one is happy to see you?

Try this experiment, lock your dog and your spouse in the trunk of your car. After about an hour open the trunk. Which one is happy to see you?

:lol: Always love that one!

Damn Dave you have been busy! Looks great. You & your bros posts have me craving some pastrami :biggrin:

My goodness that looks good. I need a plate of that ASAP.

Nice!

Jean and I will be there in eight hours, Dave! :)

Beautiful hunks of meat right thar.

OMG Dave, you finally are drinking a good beer instead of that Rat Piss you usually drink. :wink: Nice looking grub Bro. :icon_cool

Mmmmm.... and a Shiner too. Doesn't get any better than that! Nice feast! :cool:

Reminds me of an old truck driver story about who your true friends are. A dog will let you cook your prime rib any way you want. Try this experiment, lock your dog and your spouse in the trunk of your car. After about an hour open the trunk. Which one is happy to see you?

This ol' truck driver already knows the answer to that one. Three divorces mod :rolleyes:.

Good lord you could feed a troop with all that food! Looks great as usual. You just forgot ABT's.

I was waiting for Becky Thatcher to help make them :twisted:.

Jean and I will be there in eight hours, Dave! :)

I better get more Shiner! :biggrin:

Thanx for all of the nice comments, folks :-D.

Back