MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-03-2013, 03:08 PM   #451
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Good luck and I'll be outta town this weekend but sure hope you get the soft opening going. I'll be checkin in to see when I can come your way and share some time and fine arse Q with ya

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2013, 07:28 AM   #452
kaosfury
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Karl

See? I disappear for a few months to deal with life, and you still aren't open yet. Maybe I can convince the wife to take a little road trip early next year to sample your wares. We're only a couple hours away.

Old 12-04-2013, 05:42 PM   #453
krek
On the road to being a farker

Just read all 31 pages of this saga... hang in there, it's darkest before the dawn!

Old 12-04-2013, 05:48 PM   #454
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Jeremy

Good day at the pig. Staff is all trained, we cooked through the menu, the fountain machine got installed, and decorations mostly got finalized. I know it's early, but the staff is amazing and I hope it stays that way. And the electrician finally said he can come out tomorrow.

The new machine is nice, but we're going to need to stick to manually filling up the ice bin for a while because thanks to all the delays, the budget has long been busted.

So with that being said, I wanted to give the brethren the first heads up that we're hosting a private tasting event this Saturday from 5-8 pm. This will allow the staff to get a little practice under pressure and an opportunity to get feedback from people so that we can work out some of the kinks before the grand opening. No cost, since we're not 100% official yet, but a tip jar will be provided ;)

If you think you'll be stopping by, please PM me so that I can keep my head count up to date for portion planning.
marubozo is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-04-2013, 06:21 PM   #455
K80Shooter
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by marubozo View Post
Good day at the pig. Staff is all trained, we cooked through the menu, the fountain machine got installed, and decorations mostly got finalized. I know it's early, but the staff is amazing and I hope it stays that way. And the electrician finally said he can come out tomorrow.

The new machine is nice, but we're going to need to stick to manually filling up the ice bin for a while because thanks to all the delays, the budget has long been busted.

So with that being said, I wanted to give the brethren the first heads up that we're hosting a private tasting event this Saturday from 5-8 pm. This will allow the staff to get a little practice under pressure and an opportunity to get feedback from people so that we can work out some of the kinks before the grand opening. No cost, since we're not 100% official yet, but a tip jar will be provided ;)

If you think you'll be stopping by, please PM me so that I can keep my head count up to date for portion planning.
Good luck, wish I were closer.

Old 12-04-2013, 06:33 PM   #456
TroyA65
is one Smokin' Farker

Can't make it for the tasting (wish I could) but I'll be back over there (Buchanan actually) in 2 weeks on Dec. 18th. Please tell me you'll be open by then!?!? I'd love to swing in mid-afternoon and grab some grub!

Old 12-04-2013, 07:03 PM   #457
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyA65 View Post
Can't make it for the tasting (wish I could) but I'll be back over there (Buchanan actually) in 2 weeks on Dec. 18th. Please tell me you'll be open by then!?!? I'd love to swing in mid-afternoon and grab some grub!
If I'm not officially open by then, you best look in the news for my name because I'll go postal.

Old 12-04-2013, 07:51 PM   #458
peeps
somebody shut me the fark up.

I can almost taste it!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 04:18 AM   #459
kaosfury
Knows what a fatty is.

Name/Nickname : Karl

I would love to, but pending the doctor's visit today, my wife may be getting induced labor tomorrow. Sorry, but I ain't driving 2-3 hours with a 1 day old. ;)

Old 12-05-2013, 04:38 AM   #460
Pa_BBQ
is one Smokin' Farker

Looking forward to hearing some great success stories in the near future.
PK360
Fireboard, CyberQ
Pa_BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 05:22 AM   #461
Diesel Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Dang!!! You're doing this on the one weekend I'm not around!!
I'm flying out with my son to Lincoln Electrics' trade school but I'm really hoping you get the doors open soon and I'll be there for sure.

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 05:54 AM   #462
buccaneer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaosfury View Post
I would love to, but pending the doctor's visit today, my wife may be getting induced labor tomorrow. Sorry, but I ain't driving 2-3 hours with a 1 day old. ;)
Pussies. Aussie 1 day olds have to push the car to start it and steer as we drive and drink...

Old 12-05-2013, 06:19 AM   #463
peeps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa_BBQ View Post
Looking forward to hearing some great success stories in the near future.
And you call yourself a BBQ nut!
- [B][COLOR="darkorange"]Major[/COLOR][/B] - Mini WSM (from SJS)

[B][COLOR="Blue"]Certified IMBAS MOINK Baller![/COLOR][/B] ([URL="http://bit.ly/1lr5cKx"]Certificate of Authenticity[/URL]) / [B][COLOR="Blue"]Join the fun in the [URL="http://bit.ly/1ew3H57"]Throwdowns[/URL]![/COLOR][/B]
peeps is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 AM   #464
marubozo
is one Smokin' Farker

Now the pressure is on. Word got out and I've got some local food bloggers and the newspaper showing up on Saturday.

All in all I think we're up to about 50 confirmed guests so far. Even have someone coming in all the way from Wisconsin.

Old 12-05-2013, 10:37 AM   #465
oifmarine2003
Babbling Farker

Once you get up and running, I will be planning a trip from Chicago area. Looks to be about 3 hours each way.