I scored points!

shirknwrk

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I wouldn't walk a mile for a Camel (Showing my age, remembering THAT)... but I DID drive 80 mi. (round trip) for 21 lbs. of brisket points. One of the Brethren suggested Steve's Meat Market in DeSoto, Ks... 40 mi. from where I live in the north of Kansas City. Other places would order a case but Steve's had them fresh. 3 big ones... the largest (pictured) just over 8 lbs. Question: Does it look like the cut also has a strip of the flat underneath the fat seam? Just wondering.

Plan to make lots of burnt ends and try some sliced point meat, too.
When making burnt ends, I know the point goes back in the cooker of an hour or more than the flat but how long would you allow for a 5 lb point by itself (at 275°). Know you just have to cook until it probes tender but an informed estimate would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0544a Big Point.jpg
    IMG_0544a Big Point.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 107
do you mind sharing how much the points were per pound? i was recently saying if i could even find them i might not wanna pay for 'em. am i wrong?

That's encouraging... I've made burnt ends from a small point (sliced from a packer) but never could find points separately until today.

Back