MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-13-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
HOPTOAD
Knows what a fatty is.

Highly recommend the following.. Williams Spicy Apple Grilling Sauce. Only tried one or two since I made this one and keep going back to it. Thank You Brethren!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=vinegar+sauce
HOPTOAD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 09:38 PM   #32
HogFan
is one Smokin' Farker

I like a KC style sauce as I'm not into the smell of vinegar. My ideal sauce would have no ketchup or vinegar, be sweet on the front end with a bit of tang in the middle, and heat on the back end.

Raichlen's sauce posted above looks promising. Maybe I could substitute the acidity in lemon/lime juice for the vinegar, replace the ketchup with tomato paste, and add the apple juice and honey as suggested till it has the amount of sweet I like on the front end. Then I could add some of the serrano or jalapeno powder I made a couple of weeks ago till I get the amount of heat I want on the back end.
HogFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 09:57 PM   #33
Boshizzle
somebody shut me the fark up.

Here is the Shack Attack recipe. But, it's old school and isn't sweet. If you want a sugary sauce, look elsewhere or modify to your specific taste.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=136085

Old 08-13-2012, 10:01 PM   #34
Big Ace
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOPTOAD View Post
Highly recommend the following.. Williams Spicy Apple Grilling Sauce. Only tried one or two since I made this one and keep going back to it. Thank You Brethren!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...=vinegar+sauce
Yep, that is a farkin great sauce!
Big Ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 11:39 PM   #35
Frog
Got Wood.

that apple bbq sauce looks amazing. I may have to experiment with it. how hot is it with the chili peppers? (my dad is kind of weak sauce when it comes to hot) lol.. when you store it in portables do you leave the onion and apple slices in there? or do you take them out?
Frog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #36
Big Ace
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frog View Post
that apple bbq sauce looks amazing. I may have to experiment with it. how hot is it with the chili peppers? (my dad is kind of weak sauce when it comes to hot) lol.. when you store it in portables do you leave the onion and apple slices in there? or do you take them out?
I don't think the heat is that over powering, but you or your dads taste maybe different than mine. I like to chop finely so its kinda chunky, but I have also taken an immersion blender and smoothed it out a bit.
Big Ace is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2012, 08:00 AM   #37
HOPTOAD
Knows what a fatty is.

I cut the recipe for the Williams Sauce in half and it seems to make just a little more than a quart. I like to leave the apple and onion chucky but I usually dice it up pretty fine before adding them in. The sauce IMHO is pretty spicy if you try it on its own but really settles down once added to the meat.
HOPTOAD is offline   Reply With Quote