• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Awesome Sweet Potatoes

93_confirmed

Take a breath!
Reaction score
I took another stab at making sweet potatoes today and couldn't be happier with the results. I wrapped each tightly in foil and threw them directly on top of a hot layer of Stubb's. Cooked them for an hour and turned every 15 minutes. They. Were. Amazing. I had planned on mashing them with half/half, butter, etc. but they were so good plain with no seasoning at all. I don't have pics but they came out exactly like the photos in the recipe. I highly recommend this method for those who haven't tried them yet.

http://www.meatwave.com/blog/grilled-mashed-sweet-potatoes-recipe

How do you guys normally cook your potatoes?

I took another stab at making sweet potatoes today and couldn't be happier with the results. I wrapped each tightly in foil and threw them directly on top of a hot layer of Stubb's. Cooked them for an hour and turned every 15 minutes. They. Were. Amazing. I had planned on mashing them with half/half, butter, etc. but they were so good plain with no seasoning at all. I don't have pics but they came out exactly like the photos in the recipe. I highly recommend this method for those who haven't tried them yet.

http://www.meatwave.com/blog/grilled-mashed-sweet-potatoes-recipe

How do you guys normally cook your potatoes?

Sweet taters we roast indirect with smoke wood on a covered kettle, in the skins, poked a couple times and rubbed with olive oil, nekkid to the smoke. They are awesome. Time is dependent on the kettle's grate temp depending on what else I'm cooking. We like to put some garam masala and turbinado with butter on ours.

Sometimes I'll do 'em on the grate close to the heat, and other times I'll throw 'em right on the coals (which occasionally involves forgetting about them and burning them :doh:). I'll whip up some maple pecan butter out of the Big Bob Gibson book (basically butter, pecans, maple syrup, cinnamon (I think) and cayenne). Really tasty! I love sweet po!

Split the Sweet potato, spray the flesh with olive oil and sprinkle a little brown sugar on them. cook indirect.
Or your method and as Guerry mentioned poke some little hole in them.

I love to roast a medium-sized sweet potato or orange yam (400F/1 hour) and have it for lunch along with an Andouille sausage. I serve it with butter and Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning. Most excellent meal!

seattlepitboss

Back