What to do with the rest of this Weber body?

HuskerMan

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Picked up this Weber that I want to use the lid for an UDS. Not sure on what to do with the rest of it, take it to the dump? Don't really have any interest/use in the rest of the body or table.

Weber1_zps4420068b.jpg

Just kidding. My latest craiglist score. Listed at $75 and picked it up for $60. Didn't think that was to bad of a deal. According to him they were offered the full $75 after we came to the $60 agreement they were honest enough to still honor said agreement. Looks like it was built in 2005 and overall in pretty good shape. It could use a new charcoal grate. Also it does have a few chips/scratches in the dome. What's the best way to repair those?

That's why they didn't email me back for the past two days. :rolleyes:

I'm glad a brethren got it. You will love it. Too bad Wahoo Locker just had its fire.

Dude, you got me riled up when I fell for your opening line.... That is an awesome score. You can get some high temp engine paint (black glossy) and spray some on a little brush and touch it up. Not as good as the original but better than the ding.

Enjoy that!

Great score! I picked up a 2005 performer just like the one you had yesterday. They had it listed at $100 i picked it up for $50. I found a site that sells parts for the 2005 for a good price if you are going to restore it. PM me and i'll send you the link.

Another one hooked!

I was thinking....I can make room for a performer.....

Niiiiiice score!

Just kidding. My latest craiglist score. Listed at $75 and picked it up for $60.
I had already checked your location before I got to this point. :doh:

Nice score! Scratches are a problem because the finish is porcelain and I'm not aware of a good way to fix it. I would just spray some pam on it and wipe it off to prevent further rust. That should cure like oil on CI pans and give decent protection.

Ya I have been keeping an eye out multiple times a day and finally came across this one. I will end up putting probably another $30 in it for the charcoal baskets and a new charcoal grate. Unfortunately with this purchase I'm to the point were the wife is starting to question just how many cookers I need and I'm starting to run out of excuses on why I need each one.:doh:

Ya I have been keeping an eye out multiple times a day and finally came across this one. I will end up putting probably another $30 in it for the charcoal baskets and a new charcoal grate. Unfortunately with this purchase I'm to the point were the wife is starting to question just how many cookers I need and I'm starting to run out of excuses on why I need each one.:doh:

The only reason you need each cooker is because you are a man! That is the only answer you need to give! I guess also that might be the reason why I haven't ever been married lol.

I was thinking, "Do you mind mailing it my way?"! Everyone talks about performers going cheap in their area....not in the Annapolis/DC/Baltimore area!

Ok, here is is the reasoning i use, each cooker does something better than another one, you can do several types of cooks all at once, you choose the cooker that suits your mood, i could go on but my wife is watching:shock:

The only reason you need each cooker is because you are a man! That is the only answer you need to give! I guess also that might be the reason why I haven't ever been married lol.

There was a time when I had a wife and one grill, now I have no wife & five grills, all I can say is this :clap: and all I can do is this :biggrin1:

270892_414950348549261_730722060_n.jpg

Back