cherry smoked free range turkey breast & beer wheat bread pron !

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i made this little 6 pound turkey boob today.:biggrin:
and some boxed beer bread in the cast iron skillet.

26may07-028.jpg

26may07-044.jpg

26may07-049.jpg

26may07-051.jpg

how you doin?
aargh.gif

Looks great:biggrin:

OK Rick... this is getting ridiculous with all these crazy pics...

When are you inviting all of us over so we can taste this instead of staring at the high resolution pics ???

Nice job...keep em coming !!!!

Time and temp??

Your food looks fantastic!!! What kind of time and temp do you use for something like that??

Your food looks fantastic!!! What kind of time and temp do you use for something like that??

thanks guys... the turkey was 260-280 degrees for 4:30 indirect till 157 internal and the bread was 400 for 50 minutes till 200 internal.

the breast had a melted butter, garlic, s&p glaze near the end...

Great looking grub there Rick!!

Do you use lighting tricks for your food pics?

Great looking grub there Rick!!

Do you use lighting tricks for your food pics?

hey thanks neighbor!

i use all different light sources, sometimes long exposures on the tripod with natural light, sometimes the speed flash, sometimes the spotlight on the wall, sometimes the led grill light...

i just push all the buttons till it looks cool! i take a whole lot of pix to get a few good ones... :cool:

I think I just gained a pound after lookin' at that bread.

Nice Eggwork!!
Do you always use the feet between the platesetter and pizza stone?
Clue me in!

Brian

Nice Eggwork!!
Do you always use the feet between the platesetter and pizza stone?
Clue me in!

Brian

hey! i use the feet because i can mostly... not really sure if it helps or not but the theory is the airspace between the pizza stone and the plate setter makes for a more evenly heated stone, and the extra height gets the bread higher in the dome for faster browning.

hey! i use the feet because i can mostly... not really sure if it helps or not but the theory is the airspace between the pizza stone and the plate setter makes for a more evenly heated stone, and the extra height gets the bread higher in the dome for faster browning.

Yeah, I was thinking that's what you were trying to achieve. I did a couple pizzas Friday, and was really taking my time, unlike my past experiences, being rushed to feed hungry teens that couldn't give a rip, just eat n' run! So I get it all humming along real tight and get a nice golden crust, but my cheese isn't melting as fast as I'd like, and I'm thinking it would be nice to have it higher in the dome. The dome temp and the temp on the platesetter were only @ 20* difference, I may have to get a set and try it. I'm kind of amazed at how much you crank out on the Medium! Keep the pics coming!

Brian

Great pics. Now I have a use for my little green feet. It's great to learn something new every day. ;-)

And how about that beer bread recipe? Care to share?

Great pics. Now I have a use for my little green feet. It's great to learn something new every day. ;-)

And how about that beer bread recipe? Care to share?

*L* yeah, i just felt i had to use them for something... i've seen photos of a thinner, non-bge pizza stone cracking when elevated by the feet though. the bge stone is pretty thick.

the beer bread? whelp, it's a boxed mix made by tastefully simple. all you do is dump the box in a bowl, add one beer, stir for 30 seconds, dump in a greased cast iron skillet, and bake at 400 indirect for 50 minutes. they have two different kinds and they are both incredible, mon!

Back