A chance to impress internationally

hogsbreath

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have asked for assistance before and have had a little luck.
I am trying to help out a local retreat that helps inner-city kids.
This retreat, Kings Domain, in Oregonia Ohio (near Cincinnati, Dayton and not too far from Columbus) brings kids out to the camp every year letting them see there is more to the world than the small part of the city where they live.
One way they raise money is to host Obstacle Course Races (OCRs). I have cooked the last two there this year. It is a great time.
The Pigman, Harbormaster and Matchlight have helped me out.
I am reaching out, especially to the Pretty Good BBQ crowd, to see if anyone can come cook.
Here is the deal this time.... The next race is October 25-26. Kings Domain is hosting the first World Championship of OCR. Right now, about 50% of the field registered is from outside of the U.S. I am pretty sure the following countries will be represented: Australia, New Zealand, England, South Africa, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
I would REALLY like these international athletes to go home with some of the BEST true American food in their bellies, craving more!
The meat, rubs, sauce, plates, all supplies are covered. I should be able to get the wood too.
I need someone(s) with the ability (space) to cook a lot of meat. I am guessing 300-400lbs each day.
I truly hope a couple guys/gals would find this interesting.
If so, PM me with ANY questions, and I can give/get you more information.
(RV/camper parking is a definite possibility. Camping as well....)

I can't help, but, best of luck.

and Bump

Never knew Obstacle course races are so popular.
Good luck mate.
and Bump

Back