I love it! It's not only for beef and pretty much goes on anything. It's a kicked up s&p with portabella mushrooms, celery, roasted garlic. Not overwhelmed with salt either like some rubs and as a matter of fact depending what I'm cooking I sprinkle some extra salt. It's good stuff.

Thank you for the good words and recommendation!

I too have come to use it as an all purpose everything seasoning.
From ribs to eggs to roasted cauliflower.

Last edited:
I love it! It's not only for beef and pretty much goes on anything. It's a kicked up s&p with portabella mushrooms, celery, roasted garlic. Not overwhelmed with salt either like some rubs and as a matter of fact depending what I'm cooking I sprinkle some extra salt. It's good stuff.
I am going to grab some for sure!!

Also if you like Garlic, I found this stuff last year and love it. Krazy Janes Mixed up Garlic. Great for making homemade pizza, Garlic bread and all that jazz. We made Garlic bread last night and it was fantastic.

Last edited:
I am going to grab some for sure!!

Also if you like Garlic, I found this stuff last year and love it. Krazy Janes Mixed up Garlic. Great for making homemade pizza, Garlic bread and all that jazz. We made Garlic bread last night and it was fantastic.

Love garlic and that def looks good. Thanks for the heads up.

Question on the Pit Barrel cooker and I am sure it has been asked. Do you lose temps with the holes for the rod iron? Do you plug them?

hey have any of y'all cooked salmon or other fish in the PBC? will it stink up the barrel forever and ever?

Question on the Pit Barrel cooker and I am sure it has been asked. Do you lose temps with the holes for the rod iron? Do you plug them?

Leave the rods in, generally speaking. Take 'em out=temps raise considerably. Only do that if you're trying to get well into the 300's.

I've cooked salmon several times and never noticed any smell the next time I used it. i generally cook on cedar planks or foil. Give it a try! Bet you love how it comes out.

I worked out most of the other kinks but I still have to flip my meat on the pbj if I'm using the grate or it browns unevenly. Anybody else?

Fish are fine. I've done them plenty and if you find anything lingering than give it a high temp burn to "sterilize" it. Haven't had the need to though.

They get happy in there. Except the lone one. :becky:

MiiPhgJh.jpg

Back