That is amazing!
There's just something about fatties that sparks the imagination.
I think I know why your wife was upset. On closer examination you did use more than 1/2 the pie.

Pizza Fatty and a Fall Apple Fatty

Okay, I guess I'll throw my hat in the ring for another one of these. I did two, my first one was basically a pizza fatty. I added ricotta, mozzarella, sauteed mushrooms, and a pepperoni stick to some hot italian sausage and wrapped the whole thing in a bacon weave. I stuffed way too much stuff in this one, and it exploded in the smoker. Still tasted great, but I learned a bit of a lesson in excess.

081.jpg

Added some maranara sauce and made a pretty good sandwich.

084.jpg

For the second one, I wanted to make something that went with the fall season. I sliced some apples thin and added some gouda cheese to some regular italian sausage. At the end, I glazed the whole thing in apple butter. This one was one of my favorite things I've ever smoked. The sweetness of the apple butter went perfectly with the sausage and brie.

076.jpg

Added a little more apple butter and made another sandwhich.

077.jpg

My wife and I split both of these and both agreed that while the pizza one was good, the gouda/apple one had a far more distinct taste. I had only made one fatty prior to this, but I think I am now hooked. The possibilities are endless. Thanks for taking a look. I guess use the third pic as my entry.

IMG_0940-1.jpg

I'm speechless...

Wow amazing entries! Ecode I'm just sad I didn't see an Antarctican fatty but maybe next time. And Ron L I'm afraid I have to report any and all violations to the society. It is the first rule you know.... I'd still go to town on the blueberry pancake fatty though :thumb:

Thanks to all for the outstanding entries, great job gang :clap2::clap2:
I need samples of all entries....SOON :becky:

As some of you may know this past weekend was Canadian Thanksgiving. This coincided with the Fatty throwdown and I have had the idea for a fatty like this bouncing around in my head for awhile. The result was a tasty tasty coincidence!

Here we have the ingredients prepped to be rolled up. In the back we have about 2 pounds of ground turkey, a layer of cranberry stuffing and a pound of Jimmy Dean sage sausage.

Next up we have a pound of bacon, weaved.

The Fatty all rolled up

Think something might be smoking around the corner?

Here it is just about done, with a glaze of Sweet Baby Ray's.

and here it is plated

with home made drunken citrus cranberry sauce.

Please use the last picture and thanks for looking!

Amazing entries so far.

Ron_L: A classic breakfast fatty. I want a second breakfast now.

Ecode: No words do justice to your International Fatty Buffet. Amazing concept, execution, and photography. The eggplant weave is diabolical.

Wrench: That explosion revealed all the hidden goodness of that pizza fatty - no tragedy there, just exuberant showmanship.

bigabyte: Brilliant idea. I'll never look at a pecan pie the same way again. Was there bourbon in that pecan filling?

Fattymac: You have me hankering for Thanksgiving

That Thanksgiving Fatty looks amazing!:hungry:

SmokeJumper: If I say yes will I get your vote?:becky: Otherwise, no, but it did have maple syrup.

Point of Order:::::

E Code shoud be disqualified on the grounds that there is no Australian Fatty!!!!
You can't have an "International" Fatty entry without including Australia... Therefore he entry is incomplete and must be DQ'd!

And who the hell has all those flags lying arount for just such an event anyway!!!

Oh, and if she's not DQ'd we're all stuffed... what a magnificent entry (although sadly deficient in one major area... like a whole continent....)

Cheers!

Bill

what a magnificent entry (although sadly deficient in one major area... like a whole continent....)
As Smokey Al Gold already pointed out, there was also no Antarctican fatty. So two entire continents were missed. No, wait a minute, there's no representation from Africa either. And South America was looked over too!:shock:

Just what kind of con is ecode trying to pull over on us???

WOW! most impressive not only do they look great but they also made me want to dive in to eat them. Lots of thought and creativity.
Thanks

Wow amazing entries! Ecode I'm just sad I didn't see an Antarctican fatty but maybe next time....

Do you realize the grief I would experience from my children if they found out I'd cooked a penguin fatty?

E Code shoud be disqualified on the grounds that there is no Australian Fatty!!!!
You can't have an "International" Fatty entry without including Australia... Therefore he entry is incomplete and must be DQ'd!

And who the hell has all those flags lying arount for just such an event anyway!!!

Oh, and if she's not DQ'd we're all stuffed... what a magnificent entry (although sadly deficient in one major area... like a whole continent....)

Cheers!

Bill

Now Bill, I know very well that Korea and Thailand are on the same continent. Your geography lesson in the Neck of the Woods throwdown (in which you made a Thai salad) taught me that Thailand was part of Australia, so Korea must be too.

As Smokey Al Gold already pointed out, there was also no Antarctican fatty. So two entire continents were missed. No, wait a minute, there's no representation from Africa either. And South America was looked over too!:shock:

Just what kind of con is ecode trying to pull over on us???

It's a small world Chris. Didn't you listen to the music? I tried to make South American, but the guinea pigs kept crawling out of the fatty.

:becky:

I thought Australia was a city in New Zeland.:confused::becky::becky:

It's a small world Chris. Didn't you listen to the music? I tried to make South American, but the guinea pigs kept crawling out of the fatty.
I did listen to the music, but my French is so rusty it might as well have been Swahili. I put the link into Babelfish, but that didn't help. I'll take your word for it. To be honest, I'm not sure what a South American fatty would be!:confused: One filled with either coffee or cocaine I suppose.

Breakfast Fatty

So the kids wanted breakfast for dinner, and I figured what better time to get back into the throwdowns. Rolled out the sausage, added a layer of hashbrowns, a layer of scrambled eggs, and a layer of cheddar cheese. Rolled and wrapped in a bacon weave. After a trip to the smoker i sliced and made a sandwich on fresh toast. This was so good, I will definitely make it again.

Attachments

• fatty 007.jpg
    fatty 007.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 386
  • fatty 003.jpg
    fatty 003.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 386
  • fatty 002.jpg
    fatty 002.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 386
  • fatty 029.jpg
    fatty 029.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 386
  • fatty 023.jpg
    fatty 023.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 387
  • fatty 021.jpg
    fatty 021.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 386
  • fatty 020.jpg
    fatty 020.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 385
  • fatty 011.jpg
    fatty 011.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 385
You guys are killin me! who needs a joke section with comments like these,,,,LMAO!

P.S. Amber killer lookin entry!

Back