• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Long time comin!

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Finally, through no fault of TuscaloosaQ's my cooker is being picked up and will arrive at my temporary home either Friday or Saturday. I went out to bid on a national website to receive shipping quotes from various service providers and the first shipper that I selected dropped the ball and basically became impossible to reach. I was forced to cancel the transaction and re-book with a new shipper. I feel that this time I have a winner and after exchanging cell numbers between TuscaloosaQ, The Trucker, and myself, it looks as if I will finally have my offset in time for a low and slow Sunday Cook!

I am so stoked and keep running through different options for my maiden cook on her! There are so many things I want to do, but with such a small audience to cook for it is difficult to decide what to make. It's been a long time coming and I want to do her proud. I am thinking about a pork butt, which I can pull and freeze, 2 racks of St. Louis Style Ribs, a Chuckie for chile, and of course a naked fatty! Because, as we all know NAKED FATTIES RULE!

Thoughts?

Will we see you on a episode of Shipping Wars? Good to hear you are getting your pit before you have to put it in the container. Throw on a couple chickens to make sure you hit all the meat groups.

Sounds like a plan. We need lots of pics.

That smoker sounds great.

I think you should triple the fatties, they are always the right thing to eat. Personally, I would throw a brisket in there as well, or maybe a corned beef.

That's one awesome looking unit. I would kill for that
What do you mean by Bidding on the freight?
Question if I may, if its new when you ship it overseas and not used , would it be easier to go thru Customs?
meaning no cleaning etc ?
I'm curious

I'm with Bob, toss a briskey on there brother.

Dang I'm looking forward to seeing this cook

That's one awesome looking unit. I would kill for that
What do you mean by Bidding on the freight?
Question if I may, if its new when you ship it overseas and not used , would it be easier to go thru Customs?
meaning no cleaning etc ?
I'm curious
Bidding on the freight through a company online. You post your shipment and haulers send bids to you. You can then select which one you prefer. As to the shipment overseas I think the duties paid will be cheaper if it is used and not new, besides I can't wait to cook on her!

She's beautiful! Have you picked a name? :-D
Yes Jeanie, she will be called "Tushka" Meaning Warrior in Choctaw. My personal tribute to the folks at Shirley Fabricators who built her!

* "In honor of the legendary "Black Warrior", a great chief who had had a fateful encounter with explorer Hernando DeSoto centuries before somewhere in Southwest Alabama, the settlers named the place Tuscaloosa (from the Choctaw words "tushka" meaning warrior and "lusa" meaning black)"

http://www.tuscaloosa.com/history-of-tuscaloosa

Back