Butcher paper - want some?

HankB

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I broke down and bought a roll from Sam's club. At 1000 feet, it's more than I'll ever use. But it's official food grade paper. For the few dollars I could save buying craft paper or similar, I just didn't want to risk what might be in paper not intended to come in contact with food.

If someone wants some and you're not far from the far western Chicago 'burbs (minutes from the location of our last meetup) I'd be happy to share some. If we have a meetup in the near future, I'll bring the roll.

Mods, if this belongs in the 'for sale/trade' forum, please move it. :pray: I thought it would get more eyeballs here.

I seen the same roll at Sam's this weekend, what i need to know is where to get a table top dispenser.

I seen the same roll at Sam's this weekend, what i need to know is where to get a table top dispenser.

Check amazon

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=butcher+paper+roll+dispenser&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Abutcher+paper+roll+dispenser"]Amazon.com: butcher paper roll dispenser[/ame]

Why not use parchment paper instead? Is it the price?
Butcher paper is plain paper, more or less. Parchment is impregnated with something, kind of like wax paper but takes higher temperature. Parchment would not breathe like plain paper.

I am going to be in Grayslake this weekend for thier Downtown Rib Throwdown, is that close enough?

butcher papper

don`t want to be to nose`ey how much would a roll set a man back?

Butcher paper is plain paper, more or less. Parchment is impregnated with something, kind of like wax paper but takes higher temperature. Parchment would not breathe like plain paper.

any other problems with parchment paper ?
recently bought a roll.

don`t want to be to nose`ey how much would a roll set a man back?
$17.82 here. (plus tax)

I am going to be in Grayslake this weekend for thier Downtown Rib Throwdown, is that close enough?
That would be up to you. I'm not heading to Grayslake this weekend. Google maps say 1:06 one way from Grayslake to Winfield. probably not worth the drive.

any other problems with parchment paper ?
recently bought a roll.
I'm not aware of any. And I don't know that this is a problem either, just different. Many here wrap in foil and are happy with the results and that doesn't breathe. Others prefer paper and I wanted to give that a try.

I broke down and bought a roll from Sam's club. At 1000 feet, it's more than I'll ever use. But it's official food grade paper. For the few dollars I could save buying craft paper or similar, I just didn't want to risk what might be in paper not intended to come in contact with food.

If someone wants some and you're not far from the far western Chicago 'burbs (minutes from the location of our last meetup) I'd be happy to share some. If we have a meetup in the near future, I'll bring the roll.

Mods, if this belongs in the 'for sale/trade' forum, please move it. :pray: I thought it would get more eyeballs here.

Do you have kids? Butcher paper is good for coloring. I tear off a 4 foot piece, put it on the table and the kids are entertained for a while.

I use it for cooking, kids to color on, many things. I use it almost every time I apply rub to meat so any rub that misses the food just lands on the paper. Just fold up and throw away, cleanup is done.

I'm actually going to Sam's to get some of that stuff. The reviews on the site complain that it's bad for freezing since it has no wax but that's what I'm looking for (no wax)!!

$17 for a big supply of butcher paper seems like a bargain.

Do you have kids? Butcher paper is good for coloring. I tear off a 4 foot piece, put it on the table and the kids are entertained for a while.

Is there a difference between butcher paper with and without wax?

I'm wondering If I can just buy a roll of regular paper from my craft store and use that. Is there something specific I'm suppose to be looking for?

Is there a difference between butcher paper with and without wax?

I'm wondering If I can just buy a roll of regular paper from my craft store and use that. Is there something specific I'm suppose to be looking for?
With wax it won't breathe and if it's really wax it will melt at smoking temperatures. Could flow into the food. Could be plastic that would be worse.

The thing I look for is "food safe."

With wax it won't breathe and if it's really wax it will melt at smoking temperatures. Could flow into the food. Could be plastic that would be worse.

The thing I look for is "food safe."

Thanks thats good to know. Most of the red butcher paper I find around here has a wax coating.

I guess i'll just get some regular craft paper then.

Back