KCBS Team Standings

C

Chick'n Pig BBQ

Does anyone understand the team ranking points system??? If so could you please explain it to me!!
Thanks
Skip

Skip, the way I understood it last night was you had to finish at least fifth in contests (i.e. 5th was 1 point, 4th was 2 points, etc.) And somehow, the more teams in a contest, the more the chances of your standings score getting multiplied somehow. So... in other words, Tall Oaks BBQ had a farkin' AWESOME season last year! Congrats to the Oaks on an outstanding 2005 season!

The short version:

Points are awarded for placing 1st through 5th. Five points for 1st, four points for 2nd, and so on. Additionally, twenty five or more teams doubles the points awarded and fifty or over triples the points. For example, a third place finish in at a contest with 63 teams is worth 9 points.

Your best five top five finishes are added together to equal your total points in a category OR overall. However, any of these five categories ( chicken, ribs, pork, brisket, overall) have no correlation to each other in any way. You could be top five in each of the four categories and not even be in the top five for team of the year (just an example). One note, if you have less than five scores to add, obviously they only use the scores you have.

I hope I've explained this in a way that is easy to understand. I reread it and I just don't know how to put it better, even though it could easily be misunderstood.

Looks good Rod. Makes perfect sense. I couldn't remember how the points were multiplied though so this is good!

kcpellethead said:
The short version:

Points are awarded for placing 1st through 5th. Five points for 1st, four points for 2nd, and so on. Additionally, twenty five or more teams doubles the points awarded and fifty or over triples the points. For example, a third place finish in at a contest with 63 teams is worth 9 points.

Your best five top five finishes are added together to equal your total points in a category OR overall. However, any of these five categories ( chicken, ribs, pork, brisket, overall) have no correlation to each other in any way. You could be top five in each of the four categories and not even be in the top five for team of the year (just an example). One note, if you have less than five scores to add, obviously they only use the scores you have.

I hope I've explained this in a way that is easy to understand. I reread it and I just don't know how to put it better, even though it could easily be misunderstood.

Thanks Rod and Jeff. I think I understand part of it but how does kcbs figure the team of the year standings??? Example
I had 13 points in chicken
I had 5 points in ribs
I had 1 point in pork
and a 0 in brisket.
Team of the year standings I had 5 points. ???????????
Is this point system posted somewhere for me to read.
Thanks Skip

OK guys I understand. The same applies to winning the contest, 1st place is 5 points 5th place is 1 point. Double the amount if 25 teams or more and so on.

Thanks for the help
Skip

Back