I hate hot dog buns

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
They get stale quick and or crumbly or mushy...ugh nobody makes a good one.

Here's my new solution, don't knock it til you try it, butter croissants

Just slice them down the middle ...way better imo

smoked Hebrew Nationals

Nommy nom nom!

Nice thinking on the buns!

What... Why is this not the norm? I will have to get some dogs just to try this.

Love it - a local place near me uses Naan (indian flatbread type) instead of hotdog buns. The result is great flavor that stands up to good hotdogs/sausages and a heavier load of toppings. It's fantastic.

Love it - a local place near me uses Naan (indian flatbread type) instead of hotdog buns. The result is great flavor that stands up to good hotdogs/sausages and a heavier load of toppings. It's fantastic.
mmm that sounds really good.

Nice idea!

I buy fresh baked HD buns from a local bakery. That way I can just buy two or three, not a whole package that we'll never use.

excellent idea....I also like to use the small white flour tortillas. roll em up....keeps the onions n relish from falling out.

Great idea, nothing worse than a crumbly bun. Will pick some up on the next trip to the store, Thanks for the idea. :thumb:

I've done this before, but only occasionally. Would love to do it more often, but croissants ain't what you'd call diet food... not that any Q is. They are delicious, though! :thumb:

In a few years Martin's Potato Rolls will be in the midwest market and you'll be able to find a non crumbly hot dog roll. I know they are now selling in the Chicago market. The roll is top notch

Good idea. I've found that I like the gluten-free hotdog buns made by Udis or Rudis (can't remember which brand it was). They have a better flavor than the usual buns.

Back