MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk > BBQ Brethren Throwdowns

Notices

BBQ Brethren Throwdowns Join us in the backyard for a fun bi-weekly photo contest and show off your BBQ creations! New categories are posted every other week, plus a special monthly category. Winners earn bragging rights, a Throwdown Certificate, prizes, and the chance to choose the next category. Some of our most talked about cooking techniques and recipes were given birth in the Throwdowns!

Old 10-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #196
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille Eonich View Post
Y'all are going to think that I have an obsession with Hardees but they used to have a pocket pizza. It was a stuffed pizza for lack of a better description.

I can't believe they discontinued it. I was in fast food heaven when it came out.
Ain't nothing wrong with Hardees. Too bad they pulled out of the Memphis market.

I also miss Long John Silvers here too.

And let's not even mention Arthur Treacher's
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2011, 02:35 PM   #197
silverfinger
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
That's an interesting question - perhaps you are confusing "to go" with fast food. I think the original intent was food items we get from places that we commonly associate with fast food, which are prepared and served quickly. I neither associate Chinese food nor pizza with fast food.
Taco bell teamed up with pizza hut and you can get a 6 dollar pizza from the drive thru. Would that be considered fast food? It's also nasty ass pizza like most of the pizza chains.

Smoking up the "Fattened Fat Of The Cow".
Got a stick-burner! :mrgreen:
UDS In Progress: Thank's Q-Junky! :thumb:
Blackstone griddle.
50 year Old Imperial Kamado with ears.
Fire pit. Weber Kettle.
silverfinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:37 PM   #198
deguerre

Heck. We even have a fast food BBQ chain in Memphis called Tops. Orders paid for in advance and served for take-out or the drive through in about 5 minutes.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
Old 10-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #199
Kings over Queens
Knows what a fatty is.

Another question. For the voting, does effort count? Or am I looking to achieve a photo of the the most gooy juice running down your arm "dayum I want to eat that" thing ever?
Kings over Queens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:42 PM   #200
deguerre

That depends on the individual voter. I always go to the original TD post for each photo entry to see if I like what went into the dish, and even if the photo isn't the best it will still get my vote if I really want to sample it. A good photo never hurts though.
Old 10-27-2011, 02:44 PM   #201
tburda
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Tyler

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Then again, my local Dominos is a carry out/delivery only that has your pie(s) ready in about 10/15 minutes when you go in. Not as fast as McDonalds but then again faster than the Captain D's which I consider fast fish...
And around here we have little caesars pizza and hungry howies. One has the hot n ready, the other the howie nowie. you go in pay 5 dollars they hand you a pizza. Under 20 seconds. Problem is it wasnt prepared in 20 seconds....
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #202
Will work for bbq
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post
Pizzeria food fast food?

Take out chinese?
IMO it would depend on the restaurant, Little Caesars Pizza is a fast food chain, Ca. Pizza Kitchen not so much. Same with Panda Express it is touted as a Chinese fast food chain but PF Chang's not.

Remember your inspiration maybe just a plain old pepperoni pizza from Little Caesars but it doesn't have to be plain or boring kick it up, give us your vision of what it should be.

In the end the voters will decide, unless you live in Florida then the hanging chads decide.

Agent 000 (Double O Zero)
Certified MOINK Baller

When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???
Super sexy Farkernaut Avatar by N8man

Will work for bbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-27-2011, 02:51 PM   #203
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by tburda View Post
And around here we have little caesars pizza and hungry howies. One has the hot n ready, the other the howie nowie. you go in pay 5 dollars they hand you a pizza. Under 20 seconds. Problem is it wasnt prepared in 20 seconds....
Oh, we've got Little Caesars here too, but I don't really consider it pizza so much as flavored cardboard...
Thanks from:--->
Old 10-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #204
Camille Eonich
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
That depends on the individual voter. I always go to the original TD post for each photo entry to see if I like what went into the dish, and even if the photo isn't the best it will still get my vote if I really want to sample it. A good photo never hurts though.
This is what I go by. A lot of time the dish looks really great but what's in it doesn't appeal to me as much as what's in something else that is posted. Sometimes the creativity of the poster gets my vote though even though I many have no desire to eat what they have posted. I'm thinking of the spam and the mini throw downs now.
Camille Eonich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:55 PM   #205
deguerre

Also, what about fictional fast food? The Soup Nazi might qualify and Firesign Theater's "Rat In the Box" definitely would. Then there were the Rat Burgers in Demolition Man...
Old 10-27-2011, 02:57 PM   #206
Al Czervik

Name/Nickname : Scott/Mongo

Did someone call for Eggplant Man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Rogers View Post
Better to be silent & thought a fool than open your mouth & eat a McRib

I went the second route yesterday... It had been over 20 years since my last one, and I'll be at least another 20 since my next one. That's how long it will take for the farkin burn in my mouth from the molten sauce to heal...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigabyte View Post
I still don't get it.

Me either, but the older I get the less it matters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel00 View Post
WTF, we have to take pictures now?!?!?

Only of shrimp farking...
(='.'=) Avatar by Chalupa
(")_(")
Al Czervik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 02:59 PM   #207
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will work for bbq View Post
In the end the voters will decide, unless you live in Florida then the hanging chads decide.
So THAT'S what chad's been up to...

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-27-2011, 03:05 PM   #208
Camille Eonich
Full Fledged Farker

I admit, I am a total wimp when it comes to the McRib. I have never had the courage to eat one. I did try Bojangles pulled pork sammich though and it wasn't the worse BBQ I have ever eaten.
Camille Eonich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #209
Kings over Queens
Knows what a fatty is.

Thanks all.

I've got it all sorted out.

My selection a well known fast food item of the sandwich type (fast food) variety and I've found it listed on the menu of a restaurant chain with multiple locations across state lines. That should resolve that.

I'm going use my grill in the process of cooking the main ingredient and the rest of the meal will be pretty much all home made. This is going to be pretty cool.
Kings over Queens is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 10-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #210
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post
Thanks all.

I've got it all sorted out.

My selection a well known fast food item of the sandwich type (fast food) variety and I've found it listed on the menu of a restaurant chain with multiple locations across state lines. That should resolve that.

I'm going use my grill in the process of cooking the main ingredient and the rest of the meal will be pretty much all home made. This is going to be pretty cool.

Tags
farkin rules